Help with the sims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with the sims

I bought this for my wife for christmas, and she is going nuts. every time she starts a new character, within a few days, the poor thing is depressed, complains constantly of not having enough fun, and refuses to do the fun things my wife directs. I suggested taking away their free will, but my wife thinks that would be cheating.

some questions:
    manual says you can take one day off, but if you take 2, you're fired. does that mean you can work only every other day if you want?

how can you keep you visitors from walking into the bathroom while you're peeing? I don't want to ask them to leave just to pee, but the bladder gets pretty bad.

it seems when those pathetic sims get depressed, they don't feel like doing anything and it just spirals downhill. how can you pull out of this mess?
    Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
    ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

1. No. You can skip work occasionally but I didn't play it long enough to figure it out.

2. No, you can't lock your bathroom door. As a matter of fact you can't lock any doors.

3. Have them do something fun. Such as sleep, watch TV, read a book, etc.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Yes you can only work every other day, and thats what I did because I cheated and bought a gigantic house with everything so I didn't really need to work other than having the prestige of being a pickpocket

No you cant stop visitors from coming in when you are peeing, they come in more when its downstairs tho

Have another sim live with them, and have lots of little rat family of 4 women and 4 men in all the other houses all cancers or geminis or whatever, they come in swarms

Comment

I only just started playing this, but I'm pretty sure I've got the hang of it.

-You shouldn't have to skip work. I wouldn't reccommend it until you're making good money, and by then you shouldn't have to skip work to get you happy anyway
        -Make sure your sims eat together most of the time.
        -Make sure they get plenty of sleep. It can be really tempting to skimp on it, but it's just not worth it.
        -Don't try and make your sims happy all the time. Just try to make sure they're at their happiest just before they go to work. If that means you have to get up at insanely stupid times in the morning to make sure they're showered, fed, and toileted, then so be it. Making them happy before they go to work means promotions, more money, and ultimately more of a chance to make them happy.

See how that goes. If you've got more questions, just ask.

------------------
        - MKL
        "And a sun that doesn't set but settles" - Augie March
        Shameless Plug: http://www.poetic-license.org ............. All welcome.
        - mkl

Comment

Small off-topic question: I think The Sims is either a game you like, or don't. This one is aimed at those who do like it: I've heard the replayability isn't that good, so what is your opinion on this?

Bkeela.
          Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Yes, they need sleep. Also, make the house pleasant. Install lots of lights, windows, paintings, fish tanks, whatnot. If you can't afford a lot of luxury, listening to music and dancing always work.
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

My wife has taken all your suggestions to heart, and her current couple is doing great, and passed the barrier for success (IMO) which is their net worth exceeds what they started with.
              we also went to simfreaks and downloaded a bunch of stuff. one of them looks like a modified shower and is called a TELEPORTER. my daughter put this in her house, and wonder of wonders, you can summon people to your house without asking. she went nuts and summoned everybody, INCLUDING THE PEOPLE WHO DON"T LIVE THERE. (you know, the ones you could select and move in?) as a result, everybody started yakking with everyone else at her place, and we have relationships with people who don't even live in the neighborhood!!!!

couple of things:

is there any guide to getting people in creation to be a certain sign? we went nuts trying to make a scorpio. I realize that it depends on their qualities, but does anyone have a guide?

of all the stuff we downloaded, my wife wants a ping pong table, does anyone know where we can find one?

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...

Comment

when u are making characters press a couple of the traits and a sign will come up like cancer, press that sign until the one u want comes up

Comment

Have a really loud party in the middle of the night. When the police come complaining about the noise, you know that you've done good.
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Can anyone answer my question, or are you all too indifferent?

Bkeela.
                    Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Look, your question was aimed at people who like the game, no?

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Bkeela on 01-14-2001 08:32 AM
                        I've heard the replayability isn't that good, so what is your opinion on this?

Bkeela.

errr... Bkeela, what's the question?

Comment

I pulled this game out of my CD rack (I gave up a good while ago), and had a bit of fun.... specifically, I made a house that looks somewhat like a house, instead of those hobo shacks I was building a while ago.....

Hmm... I think I'm going to create a hobo shack for the fun of it.....
                          *grumbles about work*

Comment

I do like the game, but I don't know how much I'll continue to play it. It's probalbly the sort of thig I'll pull out every now and then for a bit of a go, but I don't see myself spending time on it regularly.

After you start making half-decent money, it's just a matter of time before you get everything. And then the fun is all in building a big, funky house. The fun in doing that is not to be underestimated , but I think I'll get tired of it soon enough.

------------------
                            - MKL ... "And a sun that doesn't set but settles" - Augie March
                            Shameless Plug: http://www.poetic-license.org ............. All welcome.
                            [This message has been edited by MidKnight Lament (edited January 19, 2001).]
                            - mkl

Comment

Working...
                            X