What's the BEST of all CIVS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the BEST of all CIVS?

I mean, Civ1 x Civ2 x SMAC x CTP x anything you want (like MGE)! Consider their age (Civ1 was released almost a decade ago, and Civ2 has 4/5 years).

My vote: Civ2. OK, I don't have CTP (hadn't arrived in Brazil yet), but I know all the others and none is as addictive as Civ2.

------------------
    "Populus me sibilat, at mihi plaudo
    Ipse domini simulat ac nummos contemplar in arca"

"I'm really an american right-winger, i love the army and hate a forigners, communists, anarchists and ******s. I also belive in god and the american constitution."
    -Kropotkin
    I invented the question mark.
    -Imran Siddiqui
    TNapoleon
    Former Resident SidGamer
    Current Pandemonio.ORG Webmaster
    FOREIGN ADVISER - People's Republic of Off-Topic (PROT)

Hmm... I agree with you. Civ2 is still the most addictive of all, although SMAC comes really closer!
    And I have not tried CTP yet, and the reason for that is the same as is yours... But I doubt it will be as addictive as Civ2 and SMAC.

Alexnm
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

i've tried civ2, smac, and ctp.

the best is definately civ 2!

second is ctp (it is really really addictive despite some so-called "flaws").

third is smac (this is by no means a bad game, just it is not as good as ctp and civ 2)
      Title: Computer Engineer
      Goal: To bring about the Diamond Age

Comment

SMAC is the best, Civ2 is right there.

------------------
        Imran Siddiqui,

"Human behavior is economic behavior. The particulars may vary, but competition for limited resources remains a constant. Need as well as greed have followed us to the stars, and the rewards of wealth still await those wise enough to recognize this deep thrumming of our common pulse."

-- CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Centauri Monopoly"
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

CIV II MGE

Comment

Civ2 rulez!!!

Comment

SMAC is best, Civ II is awesome too, CTP-from what I've heard sucks.

------------------
              "I think you're all f*cked in the head!"
              Chevy Chase-Nat'l Lampoon's Vacation.
              "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

#1: Civ 1 on the Mac--this was my intro to Civ. From what I hear, the graphics on the Mac were way better than IBM. And I think the AI was much smarter in Civ 1 than Civ 2. I remember many more times where the AI actually made a good coordinated attack on me, unlike Civ 2 where it hardly ever happens.

#2: Civ 2--A classic. Hundreds, or even thousands of hours of my life wasted away. But such fun!

#3: SMAC--A very good successor to Civ 2, but not perfect.

#4: CTP--I'm not too impressed so far. An unfinished product, IMHO. Diplomacy especially sucks big time.

#5: Colonization--never got into it too much. Has absolutely horrible graphics.
                Is it just me, or are these signatures really annoying? I mean, why do I want to keep seeing the same thing every time someone posts? And don't you hate those really long signatures that take up a whole bunch of space?

For no reason?

Come on, I say we ban signatures!!

Comment

Civ2 Forever!

Comment

Civ2 is the best, I just wish that Civ3 is going to be like Civ2, but then with improved graphics etc.

Comment

I was hoping to read the posts and decide whether to buy CTP or SMAC.

My decision...

Keep playing Civ 2 for my turn based addiction.

For real time what is the best...Warcraft, Starcraft or Age of Empires?

Comment

Hey Saga,
                        it's good to know that at last someone agrees with me that the AI in Civ1 was smarter than in Civ2. In Civ1 I had to sweat a lot to win, in Civ2 everything was so much easier. Yeah, one could argue that the millions of hours spent in Civ1 helped to defeat Civ2 more easily. But still... the sense of panic that I felt when a bunch of French riflemen disembarked so close to my capital is something that I have never experienced in Civ2

------------------
                        E questo e il fiore dal partigiano,
                        o bella ciao, bella ciao
                        e questo e il fiore dal partigiano
                        morto per la liberta

Comment

I have a question for all you Civ-2 promoters, if SMACX came out (the expansion thihg) with an "Earth Mod" allowing you to essentially play Civ through the SMAC gameplay/interface but with Earthlike graphics, scenarios, etc. Then would you say SMAC is better?

------------------
                          "I think you're all f*cked in the head!"
                          Chevy Chase-Nat'l Lampoon's Vacation.
                          "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

#1 -- Civ 2 Fantastic Worlds
                            #2 -- Civ 2 Conflicts in Civlization
                            #3 -- Civilizaion II
                            #4 -- Civilization
                            #5 -- Civilization Call to Power
                            #6 -- Sid Meirs Alpha Centauri
                            #7 -- Civ 2 MultiPlayer Gold

Pythagaros, nah, civ2 would still kick it.

Comment

Civ2 would beat SMACX. Civ2 superiority is very solid, based not only on Earth environment.
                              "I'm really an american right-winger, i love the army and hate a forigners, communists, anarchists and ******s. I also belive in god and the american constitution."
                              -Kropotkin
                              I invented the question mark.
                              -Imran Siddiqui
                              TNapoleon
                              Former Resident SidGamer
                              Current Pandemonio.ORG Webmaster
                              FOREIGN ADVISER - People's Republic of Off-Topic (PROT)

Comment

Working...
                              X