No announcement yet.

What's the BEST of all CIVS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can your choose? Playing Civ2 (never had Civ1) I said "man I'll be playing this for life". It was the only thing that could get me away from Doom & Doom 2. When SMAC came out I was playing Panzer General 2 & Rail Road Tycoon 2. I didn't like the atmosphere of SMAC at first but after sticking with it I really began to love it. It is great once you get use to the futuristic techs, and arms. Designing the units is great. Don't like the look of the map? Just raise or lower some land, add forests, build mountains. And besides after a while you really get into the personalities of the factions. To this day I loathe Miram, Yang and Lal. I live to turn them into dust!
    Then Call to power 2 comes along. Gotta try it! Not too impressed at first but hey its growing on me. (I'll never learn!) Anyway how can I go back to SMAC after watching that battle screen! Its the best feature. The only thing that is keeping it from being real good is the passive AI. It doesnt attack to much. Not like Yang or Santiago!
    #1 Civ 2
    #2 SMAC
    #3 CTP2

Comment

• 1. Civ2
      2. Colonization - a late discovery for me thanks to Abandonware. BTW my approach is the opposite of JohnT's - maximising the trade with Indians rather than annihilating them. The trade and commodity/terrain aspects are particularly absorbing despite the admittedly tame REF as a force to reckon in the war of independence.

I've never bothered with CtP with all those terrible reviews and honest opinions of civers in testimony.

Comment

• Up to now, I've played Civ, civ2, colonization, CtP & Ctp2.

I think I played Civ2 the longest. So that would get #1 spot, followed by Civ.

------------------
        phoenixcager
        ------------------
        of the the Civilization Gaming Network. Visit the CGN Forums

Comment

Working...
        X