No announcement yet.

What's the BEST of all CIVS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have only played civ and civ2 so far but I really dont feel any need for ctp or smac, civ2 is more than enough drug for me

Comment

I bought MOO2 first then CTP and now civ2. I've been playing civ2 and CTP alternating and I think they are both good. I dont know but civ2 graphics sometimes really cheeses me off...anyway now I'm a little bit bored of this whole civ business and I'm going back to MOO2...

My vote: MOO2

CTP and civ2 stands equal in my eyes. If Activision ever implemented a better diplomacy model then IMO CTP will be better than civ2.
      Monkey I am proud to be!
      Trim the sails and roam the sea!
      Trim the sails and roam the sea!
      ...Stefu

Comment

Well, I guess we have now enough replies to count the vote total so far:

What's the BEST of all CIVS
        Civ2: 17 votes
        SMAC: 4 votes
        CCTP: 3 votes
        Colonization: 2 votes
        Civ1: 1 vote
        MGE: 1 vote
        Civ2FW: 1 vote

Hmmmm...what do you think?

------------------
        "Politics are nothing but common sense applied to greater matters"
        Napoléon Bonaparte
        TNapoleon
        Cartographer-The Third War @ sidgames.com
        Webmaster-Napoleão's Civilization II World www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Ring/7014
        "I'm really an american right-winger, i love the army and hate a forigners, communists, anarchists and ******s. I also belive in god and the american constitution."
        -Kropotkin
        I invented the question mark.
        -Imran Siddiqui
        TNapoleon
        Former Resident SidGamer
        Current Pandemonio.ORG Webmaster
        FOREIGN ADVISER - People's Republic of Off-Topic (PROT)

Comment

SMAC is the best. Civ2 is too easy. I could beat the game every time on Deity level. The problem with SMAC is that it takes too long to get into the game and to have a feeling about what terms such as Sentient Econometrics mean. But the variety of strategies to win in SMAC is just unrivaled, each faction has to be played differently, and the tech tree is designed so that you can pursue different venues. In Civ2, going after invention is the only and best way to win at Deity level.
          I don't even need to consider Ctp: unbalanced gameplay, super units, strange diplomacy.
          Colonization is indeed a good game, but it requires too much micromanagement.
          Civ1 was better than Civ2, but it is hard to fit great AIs and many nice features on only 2 1.4MB disks.

Comment

What's so wrong with Call to Power?

Comment

SMAC!

Differences between factions, better diplomacy, Borders!, living Planet, so on...

Comment

The problem with Call to Power is that it is a poorly written Civ II knock off with about 2 improvements and maybe 30 or 40 fatal flaws. The tech tree is obscenely unballanced and you never get a chance to build any of the cool later units before being thrown into the mindless alien clone race. The alien clone race was devised by going "hmm. Civ II has a logical and interesting space race to colonize alpha centauri. Lets come up with another kind of race! I know! Lets involve aliens!"
                The wonders were thought up the same way. They are poor imitations of Civ II wonders. I have also never before seen a game that has been so modified to make it actually playable. CTP reintroduces the CIV I problem of a battleship being defeated by a whatsitcalled primitive guy. A tank can easily be defeated by a group of whatsitcalled primitive guys. I was not disappointed with Smac. The way that we get to design the units is pure genius. Infinately replayable. Yes the graphics are a small problem but they spent TIME on Alpha Centauri. They worked out 99% of the bugs. I can not say the same for CTP.
                BUY SMAC! Buy CIV II! Don't buy CTP!

Comment

Civ II, Imp II, Moo2, Smac, CTP. However easy Civ II seems now, spent a hell of a long time getting there, and theres enough challenges like OCC and enough mods to keep it interesting evemn now.... Dont know why, but Ive played itmore than every other game I have put together.
                  Peter H.

Comment

To me, the best is still Master of Magic.
                    Does anybody ever played that? I still do.
                    For those not familiar, it is similar to Civ1 but with a fantazy background. Not unlike the new Civ ToT world, but more detailed:

. spell creation
                    . units Exp
                    . undead creation from fallen units
                    . different spells realms
                    . lots and lots of differents units
                    . hero units
                    . (well-done) stacking of units
                    . tactical screen for battle, with ranged combats, spells, etc... All stacked units participate in the fight. You could even flee from a fight...

As in Tot, there was several planes (ok, only two: the underworld and the normal world).

The type of magician you chose at the begining had great impact on the game, allowing very different kind of gameplay... maybe more than in any other civ games, smac included.

I just wish a MoM II would come out... But since the whole team was sacked a couple of years ago, this is quite unlikely.

Does anybody know if this MoM can be hacked into a multiplayer game, the way Civ2 was?

--
                    Emmanuel

Comment

BUMP

I just can't wait to see ToT! Is it really good at all?
                      "I'm really an american right-winger, i love the army and hate a forigners, communists, anarchists and ******s. I also belive in god and the american constitution."
                      -Kropotkin
                      -Imran Siddiqui
                      TNapoleon
                      Former Resident SidGamer

Comment

Fallen:
                        You may take a look at http://www.sound.net/~rearls/

I liked MOM for a while, but it had a slow performance on my old PC.

I like Civ2 most.

Comment

THOU SHALT NOT LET THIS THREAD DIE!
                          -Kropotkin
                          -Imran Siddiqui
                          TNapoleon
                          Former Resident SidGamer

Comment

bump.
                            -Kropotkin
                            -Imran Siddiqui
                            TNapoleon
                            Former Resident SidGamer

Comment

Hmm, why shouldn't this thread die? a bet or something? Anyway:

Civilization. The original DOS game. The animated water. The newspaper. The 256 color beauty...

Comment

Hmm, why shouldn't this thread die? a bet or something? Anyway:

Civilization. The original DOS game. The animated water. The newspaper. The 256 color beauty...

Comment

Working...
                                X