Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Europa Universalis

I play it. I love it.
    Its easy and has a lot of historical flavor.
    What do you think?

------------------
    For those who fight for it, life has a flavour the sheltered never know.

I guess this game is not out, except in Sweden and Germany.

Comment

Never heard of it. You could provide a link...

Bkeela.
      Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Not even in Sweden yet...
        http://www.europa-universalis.com/
        The rivers shall run to the sea,
        While shadows shall move across the valleys of mountains,
        While the heavens shall nourish the stars,
        Always shall your honor and your name and your fame endure.

Comment

The www.europa-universalis.com website is busy. It is english - so somebody is playing it.

Today I had big trouble with Scotland.
          After month of fighting I layed Edinburgh under siege, but had to give up for 250 gould because Spain (Scoth`s ally) invaded Ireland. It took much effort to convert Ireland to protestant.

If there is no country but Germany with this game in the stores, then we are the beta-tester.
          4 patches for one game in one month!

Comment

Yeah, sounds like fun, but nowhere to be seen... yet
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Lord Silvi on 12-03-2000 06:23 PM

If there is no country but Germany with this game in the stores, then we are the beta-tester.

No, it was tested before release by a beta tester team.

It will be out in Sweden on december 13th, Denmark and Norway probably in january, and North America february or march, but UK maybe sooner than that.

quote:

4 patches for one game in one month!

Yes, and there even appear to be AI improvements in some of them.
              [This message has been edited by Christmann (edited December 04, 2000).]
              The rivers shall run to the sea,
              While shadows shall move across the valleys of mountains,
              While the heavens shall nourish the stars,
              Always shall your honor and your name and your fame endure.

Comment

Christmann:
                If you dont let us (a whole market) be beta tester, then I call us german players gamma tester.

Patch 1.04 was not the solution for all bugs.
                In some cases 1.04 made it worse.
                So patch 1.05 will come very soon.

Comment

How well does it play? I'm kind of put off by the Real-Time nature of the game.

I like real time games (Starcraft etc..) but these games aren't as complex as this game appears to be - multiple screens and all.

quote:

It's much easier to attack him while he's busy looking at his taxation screen. Since you can't just garrison all your provinces, everyone will sit around trying to pick people off instead of running their empire. This is costly and pointless in the boardgame, but unopposed for a while it can cause damage. I just don't like the thought that it may be possible to distract someone from actually managing the game by forcing them to deal with some military thrust in the game and having to constantly close whatever management screen they're trying to deal with. I don't think real-time works when you have to switch from the main map to lots of administration screens

Are these fears justified?
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I have not tried a multi player game. I think the situation described may happen.

In a single player game, you will be informed when something special happens to your kingdom.
                    You may do settings for around 100 events - how to be informed (sep.window, game pause, listings).

Comment

Does anyone know an official UK/US/etc.. release date. I've heard February mentioned, but that seems a bit too far away, given that the German version is already released and the game also having been translated into English.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Not from what I heard.

------------------
                        St. Leo
                        http://www.sidgames.com/hosted/ziggurat/
                        http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
                        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Strategy First ( http://www.strategyfirst.com/Eng/Main_fs ) seems to be the company distributing it in the US. Gamespot has a release date of January 15. http://www.zdnet.com/gamespot/storie...668560,00.html

Edit: They say February at the end of the article.
                          [This message has been edited by Kyle (edited December 23, 2000).]
                          "Let us kill the English! Their concept of individual rights could undermine the power of our beloved tyrants!"

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc

Comment

WooHoo!

THe only bad thing is I have to spend a lot of money early next year on games
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                            X