Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space Empires IV

http://www.malfador.com/se4.html

For those that liked Moo2... this game is Moo2 on steroids! It is more complex than Civ and EVERYTHING is customizable! This game looks good... just needs more hype .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

In case someone didn't notice, a demo (17 Mb) is available. Imran, you've got a good taste.
    Wiio's First Law: Communication usually fails, except by accident.

Comment

Thanks!!! Hopefully this time it works (the link didn't work before... Fjorxc, Boshko, and I all tried it).
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

the link works now... of course i just used 'save target as'... i'm currently at 65%. we'll see how the game really is.

------------------
        get together, let's collaborate
        this time the world will shake
        make a stand, for what it's worth
        get together, control the earth

Apolyton Legend
        I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
        [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Not bad... Better than Moo2... but I've no idea what half the things mean... NEEED manual.

Comment

What are the changes in the patch to the demo?? anyone know??

------------------
            Behold! The Chef formally known as Par4

What would you like to eat today?

-Chef

Comment

The link works great. I wasted most of today playing the game--and just crushed my first enemy empire.

Psst, Imran, the tutorial shows you what most of the icons are for. Praise be the planets with green asterisks!

Comment

Yeah, but the tutorial I found was lacking... what are those red looking sun things (radiation count?)...

Comment

Kinda. Your three building blocks are the blue crowns (minerals), the green clover (organics) and the red wheels (radioactives). In this game, radioactivity is a good thing.

Comment

17MB just for a demo? Sheesh! The stench of fatware is thick here
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Urb, check out the demo for Imperial Galactica II ... 132.3 megs. I've tried to download it four times (it takes about 13 hours), but the downloading has crashed all four times.

Comment

Sure.

The two easiest at to use the "go-to" command, and tell your ship to go to the final destination. The other way is to open the system adjacent to where you want to go and use the "warp" command on the wormhole.

Don't make your ship go through too many systems though, or it'll run out of supplies and drop down to 1-sector/turn.

Comment

OK, Game is pretty cool. But is there any way you can send a ship to a remote star system without guiding it through each system in the middle?
                          Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Zkribbler on 08-23-2000 09:39 AM
                            Urb, check out the demo for Imperial Galactica II ... 132.3 megs. I've tried to download it four times (it takes about 13 hours), but the downloading has crashed all four times.

I bow to your superior patience. I wouldn't have touched anything the size of 17MB, let alone 132.3MB, without a broadband connection.

Perhaps you need to use a download manager such as Get Right so you can resume after a disconnection.
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

UR, you don't touch demos of 17 MB? You don't DL a lot of demos do you? 17 is SMALL in today's world. Most demos are 60-120 MB..

Comment

Working...
                              X