Duke Nukem 3D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duke Nukem 3D

I recently bought this game at EB when they had a computer glitch for $0.01 ! I stopped in there the other day and it's 8.99
    I never liked first person shooters. didn't like Doom. never played Quake. And even when my brother in california let me play Unreal Tournament for a while, it didn't interest me.
    But this seems different. it actually hooks me in. maybe it's Duke's over the top ultra macho comments. I was always a sucker for good commentary. maybe it's the strange things that happen. like when you open a door in the bathroom and find an alien on the toilet. I also kind of like flipping light switches on and off. It's just kind of neat.
    Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
    ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

If you liked Duke's macho comments, rent "Army of Darkness", and see where he got them from!

Sometimes I'll watch that movie, and have an urge to play either Duke, or my special customized-sound-file version of DOOM...

No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

You can play TCP/IP Duke if your interested. I also have 3 awesome MP maps!!!!

------------------
      "I'm too out of shape for a long fight so I'll have to kill you fast"
      "The best meat is in the rump!"
      I AM CANADIAN!
      CornEmpire Index
      My Civ 2 Scenario Page.
      I AM CANADIAN!
      Gamecatcher: Multiplayer Civ 2 Democracy Game
      CornEmpire Owner/Operator
      Grand Minister: Dominion of the Balance & CornEmpire Software

Comment

Yeah, Duke has the most immersive single-player levels out there.

------------------
        St. Leo
        http://ziggurat.sidgames.com/
        http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

I never have done multiplayer, and I really don't like shooting things. I enjoy the exploration in the theatre (the only level I've been in yet). I'm bad enough that I can't get very far even on piece of cake, but maybe that's because I have to reboot to dos to get the sound to work, and now the mouse won't work. keyboard hampers me a bit.
          His ultra macho comments - Army of Darkness? OK, I see the resemblance. I had to laugh at that movie - using "Klaatu Barrada Nicto" from The Day The Earth Stood Still is just so absurd.

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Father Beast on 10-20-2000 07:17 AM
            now the mouse won't work. keyboard hampers me a bit.
            His ultra macho comments - Army of Darkness? OK, I see the resemblance. I had to laugh at that movie - using "Klaatu Barrada Nicto" from The Day The Earth Stood Still is just so absurd.

Type in mouse at the command prompt in dos. (If you have dos mouse drivers. If not I can send some. And wasn't it "Klaatu Verada Nictoo"???

------------------
            I AM CANADIAN!
            CornEmpire Index
            My Civ 2 Scenario Page.
            I AM CANADIAN!

Comment

I have to reboot to dos to be able to have sound with Duke. I went from the shareware version to the Atomic pack I bought for a penny, and it requires the CD to be in. Using the MSDOS mode in the shortcut, I edited in the cd driver and the mscdex thingie. the mouse driver is still in the autoexec.bat, but for some reason it won't load. I'll try to reboot to dos and play with it in dos until I can get it to work.

"Klaatu Barrada Nicto" was the message sent by the man from outer space to the robot on his ship, so it wouldn't destroy the world upon his death, or something like that. excellent movie, but I expect there's not much crossover between fans of that movie and Evil dead fans.
              I myself got bored with Army of Darkness after it turned into a cartoon.

Comment

If you do get it working, "u" toggles into the mouse aim mode.

------------------
                St. Leo
                http://ziggurat.sidgames.com/
                http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
                Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Try runing the autoexec.bat in dos mode then. Never give up!!!

------------------
                  I AM CANADIAN!
                  CornEmpire Index
                  My Civ 2 Scenario Page.
                  I AM CANADIAN!

Comment

It was "Klaatu Verada Nicto"

Comment

I might still be playing athe occasional game if I hadn't lost the CD. I made some pretty good levels too, including one huge one where at the end you have to run from a wall of flame (explosions) and then shoot a window and jump way down into the alley, and if you look up while you fall the wall of explosions cintinues into the next building and takes out that wall. Man, I wish I hadn't lost that.

The single player game on Duke 3D is, IMHO, a little too easy. The bosses are oddly easy for a space-travelling alien race.

Also, there was another game that used the build engine that looked pretty cool. One level starts with you coming out of something and saying "I live again." -which is ALSO in Army of Darkness. I can't remember the name. Anyone?

Comment

I used the build engine once to create a copy of my own house,yard and neighborhood. It was big fun playing a network game with my friends playing in my own house

We spent many hours playing that particular level

Now, I'm just waiting for Duke Nukem Forever http://www.3drealms.com/duke4/index.html
                        [This message has been edited by Narck (edited October 26, 2000).]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Eternal on 10-24-2000 12:34 AM
                          "I live again."

Blood. Not a bad game either.

I AM CANADIAN!

Comment

Now what has happened to Duke Nukem Forever, it has taken forever, it would be interesting to see this game at last...
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

From what I hear, Duke nukem Forever has been relegated to not anytime soon - if ever status after its third engine change.

That sounds like a lot of fun, playing in your house and neighborhood, Narck. maybe I'll figure out the editor and try it myself!

Comment

Working...
                              X