X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can RR Tychoon be run on a 486?

I think my friends system also has 16 Megs of RAM, and windows 98
    The journey itself is the thing~Odysseus

Well, the minimum reqs say you need a P 133 and 16mb of ram, so you could probably get away with a 486, but it would be VERY VERY SLOW!

John-SJ

Comment

thx!
      The journey itself is the thing~Odysseus

Comment

I tried running it on my p120 back when it first came out, but it was incredibly laggy. I couldn't imagine playing it on a 486. I suspect you are in for a very frustrating game.

Comment

Is it Railroad Tycoon or Railroad Tycoon II?
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Must be RT2.
            I remember the original RT going too fast on my old 386sx - 20MHz - 4MB RAM.

C.

Comment

Yeah, if it's RRT it could run on 386. 486 is way too powerful RRT 2 on the other hand eats up a lot more resources.
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

nah you can play RRT on new systems.. my friend got a brand new comp (i don't know the speed) but RRT (the original one) runs fine on it.

Comment

I am sure RRT runs on newer systems just fine. I think you need to adjust the speed way down so a human player could keep up, though.

No, I haven't tied it, since I lost my copy (thanks for abandonwarez! ).

Comment

I've just started playing Transport Tychoon Deluxe. Took me a little bit to get started (on a pretty easy level too) but I think i'm getting the hang of it now. I never played Railroad Tychoon. Tried it a couple of times, but never really had anyone give me a hand on how to play it. I always gave up and played something else.

How does Transport Tychoon rate against Railroad Tychoon. (the old ones) How much better is RT2?

------------------
                    - MKL
                    "And of course Henry The Horse dances the waltz!"
                    Shameless Plug: http://www.poetic-license.org celebrates it's First Birthday! All welcome.
                    - mkl

Comment

IMHO, TTDlx is much more fun than RRT2 despite missing a lot of really cool RRT2 features.

TTDPatch - Download it!

------------------
                      St. Leo
                      http://ziggurat.sidgames.com/
                      http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
                      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Wow! Somebody is definitely a fan!

------------------
                        - MKL
                        "And of course Henry The Horse dances the waltz!"
                        Shameless Plug: http://www.poetic-license.org celebrates it's First Birthday! All welcome.
                        - mkl

Comment

RRT is more fun than RRT 2. Maybe because the latter is just a slight improvement on the former, more than 10 years later

Comment

Working...
                          X