Starfleet Command 2 demo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starfleet Command 2 demo!

Download here or at your own favorite gamesite.
    It's 'only' 75 mb.
    http://www.pcgameworld.com/gamedemos...and2/index.htm

Have you played it? Is it better than Starfleet Command? Has the interface improved? The previous one has such a bad interface it wasn't funny.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I downloaded it and it seams to run FASTER than the first Star Fleet Command. Maybe that's because it's a demo but who knows. I thought it was awesome. Most of the colors improved making chat and text easier to read. The interface (for federation anyway) is pretty much the same when you get into the game. The pre-game interface is MUCH improved.
      You can also make formations if you have more than 1 ship which will come in handy.
      I've finished the first 2 tutorials and played 1 MP game against the AI. It was tied 1 to 1 when I quit. The graphics are a lot better and I DON'T have a 3D card . The explosions and phaser fire is cooler too. The AI seems a little smarter.

I'm playing a MP game tonight with a friend and I'll tell you how it goes. But I'm definitally getting this game. (Almost finished the FED. campaign in SFC 1 but I could never kill all the planet killers. I had 3 mines for 6 planet killers!!!! And conventinal weapons don't work. Only way to kill then (Like in the show) is to drive a Light Crusiser (or bigger) into it and self destruct it. And I only hae 1 ship!!! AGGGGG!!!! And there was a nuts Klingon mission I couldn't beat. And never got very far with the Romulans (Although they are my favorite MP race to play )

------------------
      "I'm too out of shape for a long fight so I'll have to kill you fast"
      "The best meat is in the rump!"
      I AM CANADIAN!
      CornEmpire Index
      My Civ 2 Scenario Page.
      I AM CANADIAN!
      Gamecatcher: Multiplayer Civ 2 Democracy Game
      CornEmpire Owner/Operator
      Grand Minister: Dominion of the Balance & CornEmpire Software

Comment

I hope the campaigns are done better in SFC II. I got bored with SFC because I seemed to get repeat missions 50% of the time. I don't know how many time I did "Pirates". Then I moved to a new sector, and got something else over and over again. Mixed with "Pirates (but with a bigger ship!) and one or two new missions.

Comment

I personally found its tactical interface sucks. There are 5 buttons for doing HET and a small tiny one for firing. Good job, that. The campaigns suck, too, being nothing more than a bunch of random scenarioes lumped together.
          [This message has been edited by Urban Ranger (edited October 04, 2000).]
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
          X