No announcement yet.

Diablo II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm getting close to there. I've heard people say that you should dodge the lightning rays. Personally, I'm hoping that my Fire Golem/Bone Spear/Iron Maiden stretegy will work.
    *grumbles about work*

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by DinoDoc on 08-31-2000 03:15 PM
      I am currently on lvl 26 now trying to figure a way to beat Mephisto. So, no I haven't done all of it yet.

BTW, if anyone knows any necro tips on how to beat Mephisto, please post them.

Blood golem and iron maiden, in order to distract him, then nail him with Bonespear. Just stay away from his lightning and don't let any mercs get near him.
      If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

a friend of mine, playing the Necromancer and actually a quite good, if unexperienced, player, has problems beating... Andariel

what can a Necromancer do to beat Andariel? unfortunately I don't know his particular problems with her, but some of you might know the main difficulties wit hher and how to handle with them...

Comment

Tons of potions help too... (thats what I heard from my freind who beat it today)

Comment

Yep lots of potions works for me. I found diablo fairly easy to kill, just keep out of his way.
            I'm trying to get a hardcore character up to him so i can kill him. So far my level 24 hardcore character died opening the seals. A level 21 hardcore character died in the spider caverns in act 3 and my current hardcore character is level 18 at the end of act 2.
            Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

Been a while since I've played a Necro, but I recall that having 4 points in Skel Mage was an excellent investment. If you get Freeze Mages going for the boss fights, they are SOOOO much easier.

After the 1.03 patch, I created a new necro and only sunk a couple of points into CE. They only major use for CE is to blow up corpses so they can't be raised. For that purpose, raise skel is much cheaper, and works just as well.

DinoDoc, why so much strength? Necros should be in the fray, so you don't need to don any high str req equips. I think moving some of those str points into vitality would work out better for you.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Kinjiru on 09-05-2000 07:13 PM
                DinoDoc, why so much strength?

I join the fray because I have not reached the point where I gain access to revived monsters and my golem is the sole tank that I have and that necessitates wearing descent armor. Plus, I am looking for Silks of the Victor which has a 100 str. req.

Comment

What is so good about revive? The monsters just last for 3 minutes at level 1.
                  *grumbles about work*

Comment

They are still pretty good. Its surprising how long three minutes of game time is.
                    Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

Lots of discussion about necromancers, does anyone besides ghen have such detailed strategies for the other classes?
                      Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                      ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Father Beast on 09-09-2000 07:07 AM
                        Lots of discussion about necromancers, does anyone besides ghen have such detailed strategies for the other classes?

Which classes are you interested in? I can give you several plans for each character but the Barbarian.

Comment

How about the Paladin?

I actually came here to ask about corpse retrieval. I heard about it in Diablo II reviews, but it doesn't seem to happen in Diablo, at least in SP. So is that just a multiplayer phenomenon in II as well?

While we're at it, what about the save system? some reviews seem to indicate that every time you exit the game, all the levels fill back up with monsters.
                          how does it work?

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...

Comment

OK. You automatically save when you quit. YOur corpse mysteriously appears back in town, and all monsters in all levels are reincarnated. That's it. Now, time to dig out the Diablo II CD out of the stack building up on top of my tower.

Argh.... I just dropped the whole stack.... Yes! My Civ II CD case isn't broken....
                            *grumbles about work*

Comment

If you play in the Realms, the monsters don't reset; otherwise, as above.
                              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

If I quit when killed, I automatically appear back in town.
                                but if I'm exploring and have to quit for some other reason (going to bed, work, or some such inconsequential), do I still appear back in town?
                                I'm playing Diablo for 15 minutes at a time sometimes, and if it's like that, I may just wait until somebody gives me their spare copy.

What about if I cast a town portal, and then save in town?

Comment

Working...
                                X