Favorite Game Intor Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Game Intor Movie

So, what's your favorite? Mine is Age of Empires 2.

John-SJ

The StarCraft movies are good. The Quake 2 aren't too bad.

------------------
    "I'm too out of shape for a long fight so I'll have to kill you fast"
    Administrator of the CornEmpire Forum
    My Civ 2 Scenario Page.
    I AM CANADIAN!
    Gamecatcher: Multiplayer Civ 2 Democracy Game
    CornEmpire Owner/Operator
    Grand Minister: Dominion of the Balance & CornEmpire Software

Comment

The opening scenes in Jedi Knight, where you're coming in for a landing at Nar Shaadda, the city in space.

You drop into au urban cravasse, hundreds maybe thousand of stories deep. Dozens upon dozens of flying shuttles are in the carvasse with you, all flying in different directions. You fly over and under suspended walkways and passed retracting machinery. Then finally, deep in the cravasse, you skim under the belly of hovering space cruiser and up to a landing dock.

Comment

Mech Warrior2 was Awesome the first time I saw it on my 486 with 8MB ram, and even by todays standards it rocks.
        Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Yikes! I only just now noticed my typo on the word "Intro".

John-SJ

Comment

*DUM* *DUM* *DUM* *DUM* *DUM* *DUM* *ZWIT* *ZWIT* *ZWIT* *ZWIT* *ZWIT* *WRRLLLLLL* *BEEP* * BEEP* *HE'S OUT* tata *ARGGH!* tata *DUM* *HE* *UH* *AAAAAAAHHHHHHHRRRRGHH* *SWWIIZZZLE* *ZZZZSSWOOOP* tara, tara, tatatatata...

Comment

Civ1 movie still stands strong. Not impressive graphic-wise, but you really sense you are taking on a demanding and important task when you start the game.

And I liked the MOO2 intro.

C.

Comment

I always liked the Red Alert intro movie...

Comment

One of the best(and longest) I have seen is from the N64 game WCWvsNWO.Very good.Great music also.
                  Probably the best part of the game.
                  The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

In StarFleet Command, there is a part in the movie where A Federation Star Ship flies by like in on of the movie intros...Then Three Klingon ships chase it. I love that. There are a couple of other battle scenes I like as well.

I also love the part of the movie for Civ:ctp when the King gets crowned and then it cuts to an invasion. The "Germans" blow up the very same castle...

Comment

well, now I want to talk not about an intro movie but an advertising video for Red Alert... it consisted of scenes from videos that are shown in the game as well as scenes from the "playground"... (construction of bases, fights etc.)... has anyone ever seen that? do you perhaps know what a music they used there?

Comment

That's a toughie. I liked the SMAC and Might&Magic 6 intros.

------------------
                        "Now Lone Star, you will see that Evil will always triumph, because Good is Dumb!"
                        -- Dark Helmet
                        The breakfast of champions is the opposition.

"A japaneze warrior once destroyed one of my modern armours.i nuked the warrior" -- philippe666

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by John-SJ on 09-01-2000 11:09 PM
                          So, what's your favorite?

The opening cinematics to Starfleet Command and Diablo II were simply spectacular.

Comment

the civ1 movie (when you start a game, not when you load) is always a classic, but I was really impressed by the AC intro.
                            Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                            ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Father Beast on 09-09-2000 06:41 AM
                              the civ1 movie (when you start a game, not when you load) is always a classic, but I was really impressed by the AC intro.

there's a video when you load a saved game?

and yes, the AC intro rocked...

would anyone answer my Red-Alert-related question in this thread, please?

Comment

Working...
                              X