Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starcraft - not as bad as many here think

...and one more time I'm getting enemies

But really, the game isn't that bad. I play it. Many others play it. But unfortunately many civers think that they have to hate Starcraft because it defeated Civ2 in the "game you spend the most time on" contest. I can't understand it.
    I also like it's predecessor, Warcraft II.

I think there are also many civers who play Starcraft. Am I wrong?

Is there actually anyone who hates it?
    Is there anyone who likes it?

bah. this is the worst post I ever made. don't know why.

I love SC the scripting of events in maps is great I still play bnet every other day.

------------------
    fldmarshallpar4@icqmail.com

There is no spoon
    -The Matrix
    Let's kick it up a notch!!
    -Emeril Lagasse
    Fresh Soy makes Tofu so silky
    -Ming Tsai

Comment

ah. the first reply is ont a hate reply. ok. I also like the game. but I don't play it very often and so I'm not very good.

Comment

Starcraft is ****ing brilliant! I find it impossible to believe that anyone could not like it, personally.
        "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

I'll get to Starcraft eventually, but I haven't finished exploring all that Total Annhilation has to offer. Until then, TA is my RTS game of choice.
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I suppose it's time for me to get back to my old mode. Why do you think Starcraft is good, when all the single player campaigns have little to do with tactics but "puzzle solving," and multi player games just boil down to who clicks faster?

BTW Andz, just because somebody doesn't like Starcraft doesn't mean he hates it.
            [This message has been edited by Urban Ranger (edited July 08, 2000).]
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Man, I spent too much time on Battlenet few years ago. I think SC is great!

Comment

Just bought it last week - a budget package with Diablo, Warcraft (II?) and the SC add-on the name of which escapes me. Have found diablo quite addictive, but haven't started any of the others yet - I'm still playing M&M VII, Planescape Torment & Fallout 2 - my horrible daughter has just bought M&M VIII and my employer expects me to turn up every now and again ....

A quick question - should I start with simple SC or should I load it together with the add-on from the start???

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
                "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

If SC is anything like TA, play the 'basic' game a few times first--fewer units make for an easier learning curve.
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Start with the basic SC before going to the Brood Wars add-on.

SC is one of my favorite games.
                    Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Thanks guys...

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
                      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Starcraft is the tradition RTS, which is why I hate it, along with the other RTSs.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I normally don't like RTS games either. The only ones I've played are Age of Empires/Kings, CC3, and Warcraft 2.

I tried playing Starcraft, but I just couldn't get into it. I hate RT puzzle-based mission games.

But I still play Warcraft 2. It's an older game, but I love this game. The sheer brilliance and personality in the game are terrific. This is the game that made Blizzard's reputation, and it is one of the few RTS games that I LOVE to play.

------------------
                          Go tell the Spartans, passerby:
                          That here, obedient to their laws, we lie.

Comment

I also like Starcraft

is it usual here that there are several threads open about one single topic?

Comment

thanx for the replies!! unfortunately some stupid wannabe opened another thread on this topic

Comment

Working...
                              X