Spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spot

There used to be a DOS game called Spot. Many moons ago Seven-Up (the soft drink) did a series of commericals based on the red dot on the logo, and they call the red dot Spot. Spot was quite an interesting mini strategy game with very simple rules but is great fun to play. Have anybody tried it?
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Yeah, I think I vaguely remember the game, Spot. Im pretty sure I had the demo, don't think I ever purchased the game. It was kinda fun, let me see you tried to rescue a fellow spot who was captured in a cage?

Damn Im going to have to find that game in order to jog my memory

Comment

I reckon you can find it in abandon warez.

As for the game, you must have seen a totally different Spot than the one I played. The one I know is a strategy game played on a board. Each player starts with a number of "Spots" (of different colors) at the corners. Each turn a player can either jump or clone one of the "Spots." When a "Spot" comes into contact with "Spots" of a different colour these are captured by changing to the same colour as the "Spot" that captures them.
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

This is more on topic to Sophthrano's post, but I have a copy of the Sega Mega Drive (or Genesis if you are american) version of a game called Cool Spot

Comment

The confusion comes from the fact that "Cool Spot" also was made to advertise a soft dring, namely Virgin Cola.

Comment

Oh cool. I know that Spot is also the name of the silly dog in Bud TV commercials.

Comment

Working...
            X