No announcement yet.

Help with Wooden Ships and Iron Men...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Wooden Ships and Iron Men...

I recently bought Wooden Ships and Iron Men. Having problems installing the "digital sound". No biggie if I could continue the installation and play without the sound, but no...

First I try the "detect sound card automatically" and get an error message (not found).

I then try the manual way and get a pop up window telling me to choose between three alternatives. I take "Microsoft or 100% compatible", the others are Ensonique (?) and something else. Get the same error message.

It's an old game and my machine is a Pentium III 550 Mhz with 128 MB RAM and a Soundblaster 128. The installation interface looks like MS-DOS.

What do I do?

Carolus

I guess this is not much help but I have found that these old DOS games can sometimes be fooled by tampering with the .cfg (or some similar extension configuration file in the base directory for the game - my copy of WS & IM is a board game, but I do have rather a nice PC version called Age of Sail which I thought was probably an electronic version of WSIM - you might look for this as it is fully Windows compatible

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Working...
    X