Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home of the Underdogs

www.theunderdogs.org

What do you think of Home of the Underdogs?
    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

I am for it - if a company considers abandonware theft, it is overly greedy.

------------------
    St. Leo
    http://ziggurat.sidgames.com/
    http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Without doubt a great site. It does alot to preserve the old games esp. the ones which are hard to find.

And they link to any store where you can still buy the classics.

Comment

hey, Stefu! which one are you in the picture contest? #19?

Comment

That reminds me. Somebody, sometime ago on some forum or other somewhere around here (Is that concise enough for everybody? ) asked about advanced civ.
          Underdogs has it in special collections under avalon hill games (and hotw too ).

Comment

I really like the site but I download 7 games. 2 links redirected me to the publishers site. Another one downloaded no problem but the other 4 didn't work after I downloaded them. I am extremly miffed.

------------------
            "I'm too out of shape for a long fight so I'll have to kill you fast"
            "If the great Emperors of Rome, Egypt and Greece were alive today, do you think they would prefer Coke or Pepsi?"
            I AM CANADIAN!
            Gamecatcher: Multiplayer Civ 2 Democracy Game
            CornEmpire Owner/Operator
            Grand Minister: Dominion of the Balance & CornEmpire Software

Comment

.Another one downloaded no problem but the other 4 didn't work after I downloaded them. I am extremly miffed.

What is their extension? You need WinZip/WinRar for a couple.

------------------
              St. Leo
              http://ziggurat.sidgames.com/
              http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
              Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

No I had all the software. WinRAR for zip's/rar's and Arj32 for .arj's but there were files and directories missing from the downloaded files.

Can't install the game if files are missing. I was able to get one of them working after by altering the install .ini file and deleting anything that pointed to the sounds folder, which was missing. SimTower, Strife, and a Mini Golf game still don't work.

------------------
                "I'm too out of shape for a long fight so I'll have to kill you fast"
                "If the great Emperors of Rome, Egypt and Greece were alive today, do you think they would prefer Coke or Pepsi?"
                Administrator of the CornEmpire Forum
                I AM CANADIAN!
                Gamecatcher: Multiplayer Civ 2 Democracy Game
                CornEmpire Owner/Operator
                Grand Minister: Dominion of the Balance & CornEmpire Software

Comment

Wierd. I've never had such problems.
                  The breakfast of champions is the opposition.

"A japaneze warrior once destroyed one of my modern armours.i nuked the warrior" -- philippe666

Comment

Working...
                  X