The Sims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sims

Well, anyone play it? It's fun! But I'm having SUCH an hard time keeping my Sim happy - the social rating goes up so slowly that it would take a whole day to fill it up a quarter...

It's fun!
    The honorary duty of a human being
    is to love, I am human and nothing
    human can be alien to me.

-Maya Angelou

Ok. I just killed my Sim. I got so sick of him never doing anything socially worthwhile that I put 4 walls around him and let that bugger wither to death. How pathetic. He was one of the most pathetic people I have ever met. The sad part is that he had my name and my zodiac sign. But I feel good now.

-Maya Angelou

Comment

i have the game. . it's fun. .
      i was having a hard time balancing it at first. . but i've got him promoted quite a bit in his job (law enforcment) and he build a second story on his house. .

the bugger is gay though. . i'm trying to break him of that, but that guy is the ONLY guy he really likes that much. . he just doesn't like the chick for some reason. .
      -connorkimbro
      "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

I've been hearing about this thing for months. I'm glad it's finally out. I'm not sure which way I'd rather go...building a successful family or turning it into the most dysfunctional group of SOBs I can imagine. Of course, the supposed possibilities are endless. Anyone ever want to run a combination of the Corleons and the Keenedys?

"I kick a$$ for the Lord!"
        -- Father McGruder, Peter Jackson's _Dead Alive_

Comment

Ok, I resurrected my Sim back from the dead (how: don't save game!) and I'm doing a lot better. Instead of having 2 or 3 red bars, I now have 1 green & 1 red bars!

1. It HELPS to clean up your front yard - get rid of all the newspaper and put as many pink flamingos in front as you can.
          2. Get a gardener.
          3. Find a friend - concentrate on one person for a long time until you finally make him/her a friend. When that happens, social ratings go up a lot faster!
          4. Computers - my Sim LOVES computers! Easy way to have fun for him! To think I was trying to make him dance to the boombox! sheesh!!
          5. Go to sleep earlier and get up earlier - more to do in the morning.

-Maya Angelou

Comment

Doesn't this belong in the Other Games forum?
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

SIMS! Who has time. Between my boys and wife. Dog and 2 cats. I dont have time to raise myself, let alone a dysfunctional computer chip. Good Luck!

Comment

-Maya Angelou

Comment

I gotta buy this game, it sounds fun, unfortunatly I am real broke right now. My books for college cost me $650!!! Yikes is right! In a couple months I am gonna buy a bunch o games, but for now I gotta hang tight.
                  If they aren't free by now then they can stay in jail

Comment

I having a great time with the game, and I'm managing to keep my sim fairly happy. I've tried to get my sim to marry the girl of his dreams but she keeps on refusing me, although it's pretty funny (I tried proposing 5 times in 1 night and she kept saying my timing stunk ).

Comment

*sigh* I can't keep up my social rating no matter what....

Hey Bolo, did you buy your books from some textbook website or through the bookstore? They're so much cheaper on-line.

-Maya Angelou

Comment

FINALLY! My sim found two lovers (yes, they're guys, but I don't care, I want my sim to be happy!) and now he's THRILLED! He's so happy and I got so many raises and brought myself a new TV and expanded the living room and all that! My life...er, my sim's life... is zooming off!

-Maya Angelou

Comment

Ok, I've learned three new things:

1. The chess board - place it the right way! I couldn't use it for days until I found out that my chess board was pointed the wrong way! The White should be pointing to the chair!

2. If you find yourself lacking in energy, forget the wimpy coffee machine. Go for the cappucinco maker!

3. When you've found a comfortable distance between your rooms and the front door, don't change it. Build your house around it so that you have a long courtyard-like walkway....I'll draw a picture here.

|***************************|
                          |**********front**************|
                          |*********__door__************|
                          |*********|``````|************|
                          |***kitchen*|``````|***living****|
                          |*********|``````|*****room****|
                          |*********|``````|************|
                          ------------``````---------------

Just keep building your house around that distance. I haven't tried this with a second floor yet (still a bachelor here, but hey, I got 2 boyfriends and a girlfriend, and they all kiss me! Zowie! )
                          [This message has been edited by LordStone1 (edited February 20, 2000).]

-Maya Angelou

Comment

Wow, this games looks so awesome! Lordstone, how do you keep all your lovers from getting jealous of each other? Or do they have some sort of time-share agreement on your sim?
                            [This message has been edited by Talon2 (edited February 22, 2000).]

Comment

Actually, I think they did get jealous of each other. Two of my lovers got into an argument and it totally bottomed out my social rating. Awful, it was. That's the last time I invite more than one of them at the same time! I mean, the guy was trying to kiss me, but the girl got insanely jealous and they got into an argument. I went to sleep.

-Maya Angelou

Comment

Working...
                              X