Games that Suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Games that Suck

Is it just me or are the games coming out recently suck big rocks in the sky? I wasted money on Fantasy, Risk 2, The Sims, Birth of the Federation, and a number of others.

Anybody else has bad experiences?
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

What are you talking about? Risk 2 kicks ass. Great strategy game; I'm loving it more and more as time goes on. There're so many cool strategies to try, and it really rewards cunning. Only drawbacks are it not playing music during the actual game, and it not being able to remember to always speed up computer vs computer battles.

Comment

I wasted money on:
      Ceaser 3,Star Wars Rebellion, Braveheart, and Sim Earth.

------------------
      "I'm not killing people, I'm making martyrs."
      Thousands of monkeys are creating havoc in the corridors of power, barging into government offices, stealing food, threatening bureaucrats, and even ripping apart valuable documents.

Hey! That dried vomit under the couch looks like a horny toad.

Comment

thank god for demos and warez, huh?

Comment

ctp and Botf.... sucked huge and yes thank god for warez... no more crap for me
          Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

BOTF wasa huge waste of money, though I have to say Diplomacy was the worst waste of money ever. Such a P.O.S its not even funny, do not buy diplomacy, not even if it is in the bargain bin for five bucks, you will regret wasting even a dime on it, pure and simple it is ****.
            If they aren't free by now then they can stay in jail

Comment

CtP is the one i´ve been most disappointed after buying it. I tought this was the "game of the games", but it booooring as hell.

I´ll just wait for Europe Universalis instead, it looks great.

Comment

Privateer II is terrible!!

Comment

Agreed UR, Sims SUCKED! WHY oh why is everyone going on about it!

I've also heard that Risk II was good, and Caesar II seems good for me (seeing that I payed $15 for it ).
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Dark Sun II

I am pretty annoyed with this game. After playing for days, I got stuck in some mines. Everytime I leave over a tunnel, I get again in the begining! I have tried this in a Spanish and an English vertion with no result. The walkthrough says nothing about it. I can´t find DS II page in the SSI web site.

I hate Dark sun II. Too much time lost!

------------------------

DAMNED MICROPROSE!! You
                    have screwed up diplomacy with AI in you
                    MGE!
                    Fix it!

(I will sign with this as long as the problem is not solved)
                    ------------------------

Comment

Dark Colony (good idea sh*t game)
                      Dungeon Keeper Gold (ultimate BS)
                      Curse You Red Baron! (Ugh...)

Comment

Outpost. Worst game ever.
                        "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                        "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                        "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Hey, Rebellion was good!

Games that suck:
                          Hmm, Perfect Assasin comes to mind at first.

------------------
                          "Now Lone Star, you will see that Evil will always triumph, because Good is Dumb!"
                          -- Dark Helmet
                          The breakfast of champions is the opposition.

"A japaneze warrior once destroyed one of my modern armours.i nuked the warrior" -- philippe666

Comment

Ultima IX is the creme de la creme of ****.

Lets see other games I've been burned on. Well actually no others come to mind. Either my mind is clouded by rage about Ultima IX (I bought it six months ago). Or Ive been lucky, due to the fact that Im a cheap SOB and don't buy games until thier around $25 (usually) by which time all the horror stories have come out

Comment

My three greatest mistakes:

Sim Tower. Having greatly enjoyed Sim City 2000, I bought this at almost full price when it first came out. The idea was excellent, but the execution was very weak.
                              Perhaps if it were to be remade, allowing the constructiobn of a true 3D building, and not just a 2D slice through the building, it could be an enjoyable and challenging game.

Populous: I bought this on the recommendation of a colleague at work.
                              I dislike these RTS games (Warcraft, Age of Empire, etc.), where you have to continually return to a building to produce another unit.

X-COM Interceptor: UFO is one of the great games of the past six years. X-COM Apocalypse continued an excellent idea, with original variations. Interceptor threw away the squad-based combat which was one of the strenghts of the orignal game, and dumbed down the research and development aspects.

------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X