Advanced Civilization PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced Civilization PC

Hello everybody! I just bought AdvCivPC by Avalon Hill and I'm looking for a multi-player e-mail game. I am willing to host. I already have one player from The Gamers.net ready to play. Btw, if anyone's interested, there's a copy of this game being auctioned on eBay now. Item # 330669465. I have no interest in this auction, other than helping any interested parties in securing a copy of this great game. Let's play!

AdvCivPC - what is this?????????

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Just keep in mind that the Advanced Civilization boardgame (Avalon Hill) has nothing to do with the Civilization series of computer games (Microprose).

Indeed, I believe the name confusion was the source of a lawsuit, or at least the threat of one, a few years ago.

(Always glad to provide rumor and innuendo and to sow confusion.)

------------------
      JERandall
      JERandall

Comment

I played it few times but I didn't get the bottom of it and lost interest. One of my friends really liked that game and beated me many times but he too lost his interest on that after some time.

Comment

I had a demo once.
          They stil sell that?
          I havent found it on the avalonhill site..

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by JERandall on 05-12-2000 04:33 PM
            Just keep in mind that the Advanced Civilization boardgame (Avalon Hill) has nothing to do with the Civilization series of computer games (Microprose).

I believe Civilization, the boardgame, was originally created by an English company. It may have been designed by Francis Tresham, also designer of some of the 18xx railroad game titles.

Avalon Hill published Civilization in the US. Advanced Civilization, the boardgame, is an expansion pack to the original Civilization boardgame. There are several sources I've read recently stating that Sid Meier was inspired by Avalon Hill's Civilization to design his Civilization game for the PC.

That's why I felt empowered to post the request for players for Advanced Civ PC here. It's in the pedigree of all the great Civ titles.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by VetLegion on 05-13-2000 06:19 PM
              I had a demo once.
              They stil sell that?
              I havent found it on the avalonhill site..

I've only seen 2 on the web in the last month. One I bought for $15 at the Game Trading Zone:
              http://gametz.com/

And the other is currently being auctioned at eBay, item #330669465.

As far as I know, it is out of print with no plans by Avalon Hill/Hasbro to re-publish it.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by SteamLoco on 05-14-2000 11:13 PM There are several sources I've read recently stating that Sid Meier was inspired by Avalon Hill's Civilization to design his Civilization game for the PC.

That's why I felt empowered to post the request for players for Advanced Civ PC here. It's in the pedigree of all the great Civ titles.

Absolutely. I've heard that too.

And believe me, I wasn't trying to say you shouldn't talk about Advanced Civilization. Just trying to clarify, for people who don't know, that Advanced Civilization is *not* some kind of sequel to the Civ/Civ2/SMAC series of *computer* games.

Anyway... carry on. I'll shut up now. :-)

------------------
                JERandall
                JERandall

Comment

Working...
                X