Escape Velocity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Escape Velocity

Escape Velocity and Escape Velocity: Override. They're Macintosh games made by the Ambrosia software company. They take place a few centuries in the future, and I suppose they would be considered RPG's. In my opinion, they're the only computer games that are even remotely close to being as good as Civ2. Anyone else played them?

------------------
    -GeoDan
    -GeoDan

I've played the Escape Velocity mod pack for civ2. Does that count?

Comment

I have. MLeonard has as well. I have to agree with you, now if only Ambrosia would make a multi-player version!

------------------
      While ignorance may be bliss, intelligence is orgasmic!
      "The great conceit of the 20th century has been that smart people aren't religious" --- Joe Durepos, Chicago religious literary agent.
      "It's an insult to human intelligence to suppose that we are so weak-minded that games will turn us into killers." - Werefox
      -------------------------
      DISCLAIMER: In no way shape or form do I know your mother. Any resemblance to your real mother is purely coincidental and only for humo(u)r.
      "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
      Drake Tungsten
      "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
      Albert Speer

Comment

I wish Ambrosia would make a Windows version, because my Mac is about 6 years old and runs very slowly.

------------------
        -GeoDan, Apolyton Geography Expert
        AKA GeoDude
        -GeoDan

Comment

Multiplayer? pfah! What Ambrosia needs is a PC port. While I would never consider buying a mac ( ), EV was so good that I actually downloaded an emulator to play it. Unfortunately, Override does something funky with memory management that messes with the emulation programing and I've been forced to go without it

We gave you alpha centuri, would it be too much to ask that you return the favor?

Comment

Working...
          X