No announcement yet.

Anyone know about Close Combat series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know about Close Combat series?

I was just reading some reviews for #'s 3 and 4. It sounds like a pretty cool game. Anyone had experience with this one? Worth the purchase?

hey FMK... my friend has all of them and he swears by them he is giving me copies and i will try them out
    Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Hey War4ever,
      We meet again...Yeah, I was reading reviews on ign.com and it look like a great game. Apparently you control on a platoon level, and the battlefield is realtime...
      I guess it is pretty realistic as far as giving your troops a good line of sight and cover. CC#3 is Russia vs Germany in WWII, and CC#4 is Battle o' the Bulge. They might fill my WWII needs as I've got most of the cool WWII scenarios for Civ2.
      Email me when you get a hold of 'em, tell me what you think.

Comment

The Close Combat series are yesterday's tech... Check out Combat Mission at www.battlefront.com . The full game should be out soon, meanwhile there is a demo to try.

Comment

I have Close Combat 3. It is decent, but the problem is it trys to take the whole western front instead of stiking to one battle. I hear CC4 is MUCH better, especially the strategic level.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I dowloaded the CC4 demo, it's one level. I like it, but there were some things that I didn't care for. I found it hard to move the large map around whilst in battle. They have a small map, simmilar to Civ in the corner.But the mouse scroll was less then desireable. Air raids and artillery were great as they provided a good area of fire.
            It was good enough to purchase. I don't have too many Real Time games, so this will be a venture into uncharted territory for me...

Comment

Working...
            X