Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamespot's Best RTS of 99

http://gamespot.com/features/question/112299/index.html

Which would you pick, Jimmy? Homeworld or AoK? and explain why the one you chose is better.

------------------
    FEAR IS COURAGE
    ANGER IS HAPPINESS
    HATE IS LOVE
    SUFFERING IS RELIEF

SITH LORD IS WATCHING YOU

Proud member of the Insomniac Army: One of the many armies of the Awful Forums.

Comment

Sid Meier's Antietam!!! coming soon . . . (call me psychotically loyal) homeworld just never caught on for me, AoK is fun and a great game, but its really just the same old thing to about the billionth power.
      "Beans, beans the magical fruit,
      the more you eat, the more you toot" - anonymous

Comment

I've never played Homeworld before, but Tiberian Sun and TA Kingdoms were pretty dispointing.

Aok was good, but wasn't as great as I thought it'd be. Graphics weren't that much of an improvement from aoe, AI wasn't very smart and it was basically aoe in the Middle Ages.

Tiberian Sun wasn't much different from it's predecesor Command and Conquer. Apart from more units and a little bit better graphics, I don't think gameplay has been much improved. A good thing in TS is the line of site thing. Makes it much more realistic.

TA Kingdoms was terrible. It received so much hype before it was released and did not live up to anyone's expectations. The new 3d graphics were excellent but the gameplay was bad, frame rates were slow in those big battles and apart from good graphics, it doesn't have anything new in it.

I think 1999 has be a bada year for rts games. Last year we had starcraft, before that dark reign total annihilation, before that there was Warcraft 2.

Comment

AI wasn't very smart?

Well, I don't know how to beat it on the hardest difficulty level

(maybe I'm not very smart then)...

Comment

Oh and Antietam is a major disappointment.

The graphics belong to the 8th Century

Comment

Working...
            X