Best recent RPG...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best recent RPG...

I would have to say Baldur's Gate. Just bought it last week. I am still on Chapter 3, though. Great replay value, too.

The same goes to me too. Too bad my current computer's too damn slow for me to experience the fun in the game. If I've only have the money would I burn my junkpile of a pc that's only a year-and-a-half.

------------------
    WAR IS PEACE
    FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
    IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

SITH LORD IS WATCHING YOU
    Proud member of the Insomniac Army: One of the many armies of the Awful Forums.

Comment

I would have to say Jagged Alliance 2 although it was more of a strategy RPG it was still very good.

bomberman

Comment

hmm.... I couldn't play baldurs gate.. too many crashes do they have a patch yet?

latest rpg... Does resident evil 2 count? other than that I've been kinda disappointed since FF7..
        ~I like eggs.~

Comment

Baldur's Gate was damn good! Right now I'm looking forward to Ultima IX: Ascension.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Yes, there is a patch to BG. It improves pathfinding and numerous crash bugs.

Comment

Fallout 2 is hands down the best RPG out there. The setting alone is enough to guarantee an interesting game, but the high production values, original artwork, and freeform plot development unparalled outside of Darklands make it a masterpiece.

FF8 was very mediocre, and I thought Baldur's Gate was something of an anticlimax for Interplay after Fallout 2.

Comment

Working...
              X