CTP/SMAC cast your vote..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I vote for SMAC.
    “...This means GCA won 7 battles against our units, had Horsemen retreat from 2 battles against NMs, and lost 0 battles.” --Jon Shafer 1st ISDG

Comment

My bad i thought i was posting a theard that was a week old or so. I did not noteice the number 83 on the sreen when i posted.

Sorry for the typos i a verty sleepe..
      “...This means GCA won 7 battles against our units, had Horsemen retreat from 2 battles against NMs, and lost 0 battles.” --Jon Shafer 1st ISDG

Comment

I vote SMAC also. But I think both games no longer boast any substantial number of followers for this poll to have any merit.

Comment

SMAC remains the pinnacle of TBS. I can't believe Firaxis took so many steps backward with Civ3...
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

SMACX, obviously.
            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

CtP is my preference, neither game is "better", they both do things differently.
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

What the hell is up with this thread? I've never put anyone in my ignore list, yet 3 people that posted here show up as ignored and then guests when I click the post. Don don? Maca of Oz? Questtip, Dimcat??? Who the hell are these people?

Oh, and SMAC/SMAX is the greatest TBS ever, period. There really is no contest.
                "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Busta: this thread was accidentally resurrected from the dead, it's a 1999 thread!!! Probably those people who appear in your "ignore" list have had their accounts closed, that's why their posts show up like that.
                  I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Or they have had major account changes that result in old "temporary" guest names

p.s. SMAC +1
                    "Dave, if medicine tasted good, I'd be pouring cough syrup on my pancakes." -Jimmy James, Newsradio

"Your plans to find love, fortune, and happiness utterly ignore the Second Law Of Thermodynamics."-Horiscope from The Onion

Comment

Call to Power: 20
                      SMAC: 19

Now, I've played CtP2 and perhaps there is competition...But CtP1?!?! Beating SMACX?!?!?
                      Most of the complaints are about the graphics, the techs being too abstract, and it being a "mod" to Civ2 (Though considering how old these posts are, they probably didn't quite have time to play SMACX completly. Or simply ignored a large portion of the game.)
                      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Bumptastic.

I vote SMAC.

Comment

Pah, it's not a good idea to argue that CtP1 is much inferior to CtP2. Those are the same games, almost, just CtP2 has a much improved diplomacy model. Well, and an interface rather easier to use for some, but more bugs than CtP1.
                          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

SMAC, CTP I did not care for and only plyed twice. CTP2 for more of the same and gave it away soon as well.

Comment

I forgot to vote for SMAC.
                              I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Working...
                              X