No announcement yet.

CTPvs.SMAC(and other civ related games)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTPvs.SMAC(and other civ related games)

Just like to see what you think of both games now that SMAC demo is out.

Personaly I'm in the middle. SMAC has shown its self and it has some scares. Not big ones but flaws just the same. We have not really been shown CTP yet but it too has its flaws. So right now a sit here writing this post wondering if either of these games is worth my not so hard earned dollor? Ahhh, what kind of question is that both look amazing still after the badgering of CTP's new units and now Alphi Centauri's not so great graphics.

Now for you the people of the Apolyton Forum to answer my question, which game do you think is better: Alphi Centauri, Civiliztion: Call To Power, Civilization2: Test of Time, or Star Trek: the Next Generation: Birth of the Federation. Though we know nothing really about ToT and most of you have never heard og BoTF I still would like you to most your answer and please no bickering.

fred

i am the great one:)
    and leader of the cow cult

SMAC. Hands down.

urgh.NSFW

Comment

(\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

hey I am just following the spirit of bumping old threads. I wanted to make a point of how annoying it is.
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Point taking, SMAC for me.

Comment

Civ2!

Comment

biggest. bump. ever.

SMAC, of course.
              I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

@ ancient threads... at least this one doesn't have mystery ignored people in it

SMAC!
                "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

I mean, CTP had great ideas too, but I really liked SMAC's sci-fi innovation.
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

I will beat this record Az...

BTW, what happened to ur old avatar.
                    :-p

Comment

I day shy of 5 years. Impressive.

SMAC has better innovation. But I haven't played CtP ever, and SMAC for a few years.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Yeah, he should have waited until 11 PM EST. Then it could have been 5 years (which is still less time than I've been here... oh sad me ).
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

This reminds me, is it weird for anyone else that some of us who met on the SMAC boards have known eachother for over 6 years now? I only have 1 friend IRL that I've known longer.
                          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Actually, all the people I played SMAC in PBEM games I really don't see around much anymore (or just don't remember them). Not sure if its just because they are still in the SMAC forums, or what.

Except Connorkimbro, but he's not around too much lately either.

Comment

What a bump!

Comment

Working...
                              X