Incompetent Microprose pushes back MGE again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incompetent Microprose pushes back MGE again

I just checked out ebworld.com for the release date of MGE and now its been pushed back to 11/24!!!! A Pox upon Microprose and its accursed sliding, meaningless release dates! This game had an original release date of August 98 I believe, and now the date just keeps fleeing off into the distance... Microprose did the same thing with Master of Orion II- releasing the game a full seven months late (and requiring four patches after that!), and Guardians of Justice which turned out to be vaporware.

Well, I give up on Microprose and their lame programmmers who cant figure out how to do something that almost every other wargame made today can do: multiplayer support. At this rate, CTP will beat MGE to the shelves, if MGE ever comes out at all (I smell vaporware). With this latest release date postponement, Microprose has just outlasted the last shred of my patience, and now I will hold out for CTP (a new game with Multiplayer) and save myself $30.
    Congratulations, Microprose, with the bungling of this latest product I am sure you will take the financial bath you so richly deserve as superior products like CTP and SMAC take to the shelves and rightfully sieze the market of multiplayer-crazed civ nuts like myself...

"Cunnilingus and Psychiatry have brought us to this..."

Tony Soprano

That's what I've been saying all along. Call me a seer, a visionary, for that's what I am.

:-)
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Microprose used to rock, now they blow

Quote of an actual email I sent to Microprose:

hahah. I told you that you needed to release Civ II Multiplayer as a patch to Civ II.
      50 bucks just to add multiplayer? Why would anyone want to do that when
      Activision is coming out with Civ III in December WITH MULTIPLAYER SUPPORT???
      Another mistake by Microprose. Just one of the many reasons why Microprose is
      going downhill. You guys need to seriously look at how you run your buisness.

Comment

I agree, Microprose has gone down hill. And I being the devote, from the beginning Civ Nut that I am will take CTP and SMAC over anything they attempt to spit up.

I knew something was amiss when I emailed them a question and had absolutely no sign of answer (besides a "We've recieved your mail" robot) after a whole year of waiting.

Pitiful, considering they were the ones that fostered the "Masters of" and Civ into hit titles now are pushing vaporware and pointless products (I remember all those horrible sim games MP made)

Oh.. and uh, so this fits into "Civ Comparison" I think SMAC looks best right now. But that's kind of unfair because SMAC is due to hit the shelves in a little over a month while CTP still has alot of time to go.

Comment

Working...
        X