No announcement yet.

Total War: Rome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is time commander played with the total war game?
    "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

The thing with the total war games were that they looked real good at first glance, then you played a little and it seemed ok, then you forgot about it. The games never really sucked you in.
      It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Originally posted by Wille
        The thing with the total war games were that they looked real good at first glance, then you played a little and it seemed ok, then you forgot about it. The games never really sucked you in.
        Yeah.

I think that's mainly cause the campaign/strategic level was a bore.

Seems like they've put more work into it this time... hopefully it will be able to keep interest.
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Trajanus
          is time commander played with the total war game?
          Yes.

But it isn't the final product, of course, and may actually be somewhat customized for the show. (I suspect that the AI is specially scripted for each battle to act fairly historically, for instance)
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I have watched TimeCommanders once on the BBC a long time ago... It was not bad, but I hope in the future things will get even more realistic in that your units can be commanded as units but each soldier in the units also behave individually for example.
            After all many ancient writers such as Xenophon who had been an army commander were convinced that a battle was primarily won due to the morale of your troops, and secondly because of a relatively small amount of soldiers showing exceptional vigour and bravery in order to break the enemy's line/formation and to rout them afterwards. Those factors were considered just as important if not more than tactics and superior numbers. Numbers don't mean much in an ancient battles other than a psychological effect that affects both armies.

Ah well I won't hope for too much, I'm way too demanding concerning games that deal with this era
            "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
            "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd
              I think that's mainly cause the campaign/strategic level was a bore.
              What strategic level?
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
              X