Nuclear War XI Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Report for Day 7

The main event this turn was the complete annihilation of DrSpike, as Spaced Cowboy, after sending in a spy to sabotage his telephone system (not that it was used in any case), dropped a full stockpile of 4 nukes on the Doc's head, wiping him out.

Meanwhile, Vlad Antlerkov was working on a secret project, and ljcvetko built the city of Peace.

Total Player Losses:

DrSpike: 4 cities (WASTED)

Remaining City List:

Smiley:
    WASTED

Boshko:
    WASTED

DrSpike:
    WASTED

Hercules:
    WASTED

Jamski:
    WASTED

Jonny:
    WASTED

ljcvetko:
    - 2 cities (Woodstock, Peace)

Skanky Burns:
    WASTED

Space Cowboy:
    - 4 cities (Doc is my beeatch, Doc must die, Everybody nuke Doc, We Love Skanky Day)

Theben:
    WASTED

Vlad Antlerkov:
    - 3 cities (Space Cowboy, Skanky Burns, DrSpike)

Comment

Well, Spaced fufilled the prophecy of his city names in style.

Although anyone that does 2 consecutive secret projects should be the signal for everyone else to bunker

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Yeah, everyone does really love me.

But that was a very nice move on his behalf.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Crap, I was going to bunker, and return the favour. Great round to forget to send in orders.

Btw I had a contingency order (not that it matters since the spy would counter it) but it's clear you didn't use it.

Comment

Bunker should be action by default.

The same thing happened to me in one of previous games.

I suggest we reinstate this great rule form Nuke War 1 since people can just be out of town or busy and 24 hours isn't a particularly long period.

Comment

Well at present we can specify any default action, which is more flexible if it is remembered by the GM. However that wouldn't have helped in this case anyway.

Btw (and I appreciate this is self-serving ) with the regular players with a proven history of sending orders I think some leeway should be given. I forgot (my fault), but was online at the time, so one post from GT to say "oi Spike you've got 1 hour" and the orders would have been in immediately. I know from my own personal experience of winning games where an opponent just hasn't sent in orders, it feels a hollow victory.

Comment

Well, I would have posted a warning, but I completely forgot about it until the time limit had already gone by...

Comment

You idiot! How could you forget at such a critical juncture? I would never do that.

Comment

Orders sent.
                    oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

• Sent
                      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
                        Btw (and I appreciate this is self-serving ) with the regular players with a proven history of sending orders I think some leeway should be given. I forgot (my fault), but was online at the time, so one post from GT to say "oi Spike you've got 1 hour" and the orders would have been in immediately. I know from my own personal experience of winning games where an opponent just hasn't sent in orders, it feels a hollow victory.
                        I agree. We do check these threads often, but can forget we sent and so miss out a round.
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Report for Day 8

Sapced Cowboy was removed from the game by his own tactic this round, and Vlad Antlerkov sabotaged his attemptes to deflect incoming nukes and then unloaded a full stockpile on his head, destroying all four of his cities. Meanwhile, ljcvetko built the city of Harmony, restoring his city-count to three.

Total Player Losses:

Spaced Cowboy: 4 cities (WASTED)

Remaining City List:

Smiley:
                          WASTED

Boshko:
                          WASTED

DrSpike:
                          WASTED

Hercules:
                          WASTED

Jamski:
                          WASTED

Jonny:
                          WASTED

ljcvetko:
                          - 3 cities (Woodstock, Peace, Harmony)

Skanky Burns:
                          WASTED

Space Cowboy:
                          WASTED

Theben:
                          WASTED

Vlad Antlerkov:
                          - 3 cities (Space Cowboy, Skanky Burns, DrSpike)

Comment

• I figured that it was coming, but with no spies, stockpiles, or bunkers, I was doomed.
                            We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• Indeed you were.

You must try and build relations, make friends and allies and such. Or keep the low profile like me. Not that it will help me now

Comment

• When there are only two players left, your cities have big targets painted on them whether you like it or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X