No announcement yet.

Beyond Good and Evil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not surprising that someone who likes childish games would expect video games to have 'cheesy and clicheistic' plots.

Well, I'll tell the game raters to make sure Grand Theft Auto is an 'E' next time because Ludd thinks it's a childish game . Same for Gothic and all of those other games I buy which have an 'M' on them .

That's what's being made, isn't it?

You are utterly useless. How can there be a Pirates! 3 if there was no Pirates! 2? THIS is Pirates! 2

which only shows that I have good taste.

If you consider eating soybean **** to be good taste..
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
      It's not surprising that someone who likes childish games would expect video games to have 'cheesy and clicheistic' plots.

Well, I'll tell the game raters to make sure Grand Theft Auto is an 'E' next time because Ludd thinks it's a childish game . Same for Gothic and all of those other games I buy which have an 'M' on them .
      Oh yes, you can play games that have blood and gore. You're all grown up, now.

Braging about playing "M" rated games, only reaffirms what I said.

You are utterly useless. How can there be a Pirates! 3 if there was no Pirates! 2? THIS is Pirates! 2
      I thought there was already 2 of them made, or did they just not 'number' the second one?

If you consider eating soybean **** to be good taste..
      Well, it's certainly better than cow ****.
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Ah yes... pointing out your incorrectness = bragging. Only to you and your 5 year old mind with those be consistent. Only someone with your lack of brain power would consider Gothic series and GTA series to be 'childish'.

I thought there was already 2 of them made, or did they just not 'number' the second one?

Nice to display your ignorance. I guess you though Pirates! Gold was a sequal? Just like Civ2 Gold was, right? So we should be on Civ 6 instead of 4, right?

Well, it's certainly better than cow ****.

Try a burger to disabuse you of that ignorant notion .
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Ah yes... pointing out your incorrectness = bragging. Only to you and your 5 year old mind with those be consistent. Only someone with your lack of brain power would consider Gothic series and GTA series to be 'childish'.
          I am not calling the games childish, I am calling your tastes childish. Isn't that what you always say - that you want 'straight-forward fun', cartoonish graphics, cheesy plots, ect... ?

Nice to display your ignorance. I guess you though Pirates! Gold was a sequal? Just like Civ2 Gold was, right?
          Well it was quite a bit more than just re-packaging and extra scenarios, wasn't it? Didn't it have completely new graphics and added features? Or am I thinking of some other pirate game?

I'm not ashamed of ignorance, by the way. If you never display your ignorance, you never learn anything.

Try a burger to disabuse you of that ignorant notion .

So you actually like to eat cow ****? Interesting...

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I am not calling the games childish, I am calling your tastes childish.

Of course, I have childish tastes in games when just about every game I own is 'non-childish' .

Try again.

that you want 'straight-forward fun', cartoonish graphics, cheesy plots, ect...

So are fans of the Monkey Island series childish gamers?

I thinking of some other pirate game?

Probably... when you don't know, you should just shut up and let the adults talk .

So you actually like to eat cow ****?

I'd probably eat actual cow **** over soybean **** known as tofu (:vomit.

Comment

Of course, I have childish tastes in games when just about every game I own is 'non-childish' .

Probably... when you don't know, you should just shut up and let the adults talk .
              More posturing that only serves to make you look even more childish. And in the most negative of ways.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

The camera implimentation in the xbox version is very intuitive, but then the xbox controller does sometimes have advantages over a keyboard+mouse combination, especially for comfort, but obviously its limited in how many commands.

Still i can see that the game suffered due to its shortness of playing time, and the fact that i imagine it has very little replay value. Which overall is a shame as the quality of the game is high and it is a fun game to play - sticking a further 20 odd hours of gameply onto it might well have made it more succesfull(bad word of mouth press can kill a game - same thing happened with CTP2).
                'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Well, I'll tell the game raters to make sure Grand Theft Auto is an 'E' next time because Ludd thinks it's a childish game .

come now, Imran, im sure GTA is a great game and all that, but the only people I know in RL who play it ARE children, and no, theyre not super bright kiddies looking for better intellectual stimulation. Games are rated based on violent content, NOT on how intellectually challenging they are. There are lots of very sophisticated TBS for example that ARE rated E. Now it wouldnt make sense to have a T rated game aimed at 12 year olds, unless of course the publisher is COUNTING on the fact that parents and even retailers ignore the T ratings.

Ludd: Imran DOES play SMAC. Surely you dont call that childish?

BTW, I like beef AND I like Tofu. the latter deep fried with Chinese vegetables is just heavenly.
                  "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

the only people I know in RL who play it ARE children

You don't know many people in RL, do you? I mean, the mere fact that GTA: VC sold 11.5 million copies on the Playstation 2 ALONE indicates that plenty of adults are playing it.

Games are rated based on violent content, NOT on how intellectually challenging they are.

Childish games are also characterized by lack of violence.

Comment

You don't know many people in RL, do you? I mean, the mere fact that GTA: VC sold 11.5 million copies on the Playstation 2 ALONE indicates that plenty of adults are playing it.

Games are rated based on violent content, NOT on how intellectually challenging they are.

Comment

So when do they make videogame versions of

Geneology of Morals, Zarathustra and the Gay Science?
                        If you don't like reality, change it! me
                        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Well buy 'Beyond Good and Evil' so it sells enough to spawn a sequal .

Comment

1. I know lots of people in RL, Imran, dont be silly. I dont usually bring up gaming in conversation, so I cant be sure, but my impression is that most adults i know dont play electronic games at all. Several play PC games(typically Myst, SimCity, Roller Coaster Tycoon, that sort of thing, though I know of one who is a serious TBS player, and one who played AOK, though we've lost touch - I knew him through his wife, and theyve since divorced), and I know at least one plays console games, though I dont think her household even owns GTA.

By the way, I never denied that plenty of adults play GTA, merely made a point about my own experience. Its certainly my impression that GTA has a very large audience of preteen boys, despite its rating. That in itself doesnt prove it "childish" or Civ2, The Sims, and most electronic games would be called "childish". But the fact that it has a T rating hardly proves it isnt childish.

Look, I read Harry Potter books and enjoy them immensely. They have great depth, and have insights and humour that you need to be an adult to appreciate. Im not going to deny that they were written for children, or that the majority of their readers are children, or began reading them as children.

As for childish games, not being violent, I dont get what you mean. Children, perhaps especially boys, love violence. Check out the history of cartoons, for example. Plenty of violence, plenty of childishness. The fact of a game being violent doesnt it make it less childish - except perhaps in the mind of a 12 year old boy , trying to prove his "grown upness" by playing a violent game, and avoiding all those "educational games" for "little kids" and "The Sims" for "Yecch,girls!".
                            If you mean that violent games arent supposed to be sold to children, thats correct, but we all know how widely ignored the ratings are by both parents and retailers. And I suspect the publishers count on that in their sales forecasts. Much like cigarette manufacturers, for example.
                            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
                            X