X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nostromo
    replied
    Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    Well for $20, the shortness becomes less of a problem .
    Yes. However, renting it is still cheaper. Which I did. And it's a fun little game with very nice graphics.

Leave a comment:

• Traianvs
    replied
    wtf is wrong with vegetarians!! you foul flesh eating mass slaughterer.

Leave a comment:

• SnowFire
    replied
    I completely agree with Imran. Excellent game. Only problem is, as poorly as it sold, it's not getting a sequel, which the ending well demands.

My complaint about the game is that the stealth isn't very good. Far too easy to run around a corner or drop in an easily searched area and call it an escape. But I liked everything else, especially the camera.

Leave a comment:

• Imran Siddiqui
    replied
    Wonderful ad hominem attack... of course seeing as I don't have a Gamecube and people of many ages like Pirates! 2 (There is no such thing as Pirates! 3), perhaps you should learn to educate yourself before making such attacks. But I guess that is too much to ask, for you to actually have a ****ing brain.

Besides, why should your opinion count? You're a vegetarian for God's sake .

Leave a comment:

• General Ludd
    replied
    It's a video game dude! It's required to be cheesy and clicheistic!
    Coming from someone who likes the Game Cube, and Pirates! 3 this isn't surprising. You obviously have the tastes and standards of a six year old.

Leave a comment:

• Imran Siddiqui
    replied
    the actual story itself is cheesy and filled with cliches.

It's a video game dude! It's required to be cheesy and clicheistic!

photgraphy isn't implemented all that well, either... it's basically just replacing the cross hairs with a camera lens.

Yeah... but the mere fact of having the photography angle is good. If I had to focus things and frame crap, I'd go nuts. I already have problems capturing those animals!

I didn't buy it because I heard it was very short

Well for $20, the shortness becomes less of a problem .

Leave a comment:

• Nostromo
    replied
    I didn't buy it because I heard it was very short (about 15 hours of gameplay, IRC) Is it me or games are getting shorter and shorter? I didn't buy Splinter Cell: Pandora tomorow for the same reason.

Leave a comment:

• General Ludd
    replied
    "great story"?

Yes, great story . How many other games have the main character be a photographer who has to expose the truth. Very inventive.
    I agree that the premise is good, but the actual story itself is cheesy and filled with cliches.

The photgraphy isn't implemented all that well, either... it's basically just replacing the cross hairs with a camera lens. I remember playing a pokemon game many years ago on the N64, which was the first time that diea was used I think, and even it had a bit more of an interesting system that required you to frame things well and get it in focus.

Leave a comment:

• Imran Siddiqui
    replied
    "great story"?

Yes, great story . How many other games have the main character be a photographer who has to expose the truth. Very inventive.

decent characters

Indeed! You really get to feel for the characters.

Btw how do you know it didn't sell?

Because after a month or so, the price of it dropped from $40 to $20.

Leave a comment:

• Traianvs
    replied
    It's available on pc too
    Reviews on the game were very good. Btw how do you know it didn't sell?

PS: most people are morons: after all why else are CS and the Sims so popular

Leave a comment:

• child of Thor
    replied
    I got it today for £15(second-hand) on xbox, it is very nicely done - great graphics/sounds, decent characters etc, it feels like a lot of effort went into making it.
    Truely over looked by most i understand.

Still i'm not a great fan of heavily scripted games(re-play value?), and the puzzles so far have been easy - a good game for younger/casual players maybe?
    I'll wait for my girlfriends verdict as she has more experience with console games, but so far for £15 i really can't complain

Leave a comment:

• General Ludd
    replied
    ... "great story"?

I found it pretty dull after a while. All the 'puzzles' amount to pretty much the same thing and they are often either explained to you, so as to not be difficult, or rely on jumping around, ect... But I guess the game is alright in a lame consoley sort of a wait.

Leave a comment:

• Imran Siddiqui
    started a topic Beyond Good and Evil

Beyond Good and Evil

I heard good things, so I picked it up for $20 for my X-Box. WOW... why didn't more people buy this AMAZING game?! It's absolutely wonderful! Great graphics, magnificent story, fun puzzles and just very nicely made.

It's a big mystery why it didn't sell. Kind of like System Shock II and NOLF2, great games that should have sold more.

Here is the end of Gamespy.com's review:

Experiencing BG&E is like interacting with a really good movie. It offers the richest, most original and intriguing world I've seen in a video game since Deus Ex, and is the best modern Zelda-style adventure game outside of Zelda itself. In fact, I like it more than Wind Waker, since it lacks WW's tedious midgame and has a story worth caring about. It's a pity that it's over all too soon, leaving me wanting more of just about everything. That's enough to keep me from awarding the highest score, but only barely. Beyond Good and Evil completely lives up to the first half of its title: It's great.
    Last edited by Imran Siddiqui; May 15, 2004, 03:46.
Working...
X