This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NASCAR signup thread

Everyone starts will a speed of 6 and has 4 wildcards.

Rules
    The game is turn-based. Each of the two drivers issues two orders for each turn. Possible orders are as follows:

1. Change speed:
    a. Accelerate - add one to speed
    b. Decelerate - subtract one from speed
    c. Slipstream - You must be behind your opponent, either adjacent or one square away, and be directly behind them and traveling in the same direction at the beginning of your turn to execute the slipstram.
    d. Don't change speed

2. Steer:
    a. Left
    b. Right
    c. Left-Right, Right-Left
    d. Don't change direction

* Each player also can use wildcards during their turn, doubling their change in speed or doubling their turn rate. Multiple wildcards can be used in a single round.
    * Steering can now be controlled much finer.

Turning (moving to the left or right) will always move you forward 1 square, but you can now influence when this move takes place.

A complete order may look like this: (current speed of 4, North)
    "(2m)r(m)r"
    This will move the car forward twice, diagonally right, once more diagonally right and then straight right once more, and uses up one wildcard. It is now moving East.

code:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Y...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only two wildcards for a direction or speed on any turn.
    accel 2 and right 2 are allowed in the same turn, just no accel 3 or right 3.

If you go off the road:
    1-2 spaces you are reduced to speed 0. You will be placed back on the track where you last exited (my judgement) and miss a turn.
    If you go off the road 3+ spaces you crash and burn. Game over.

Collisions with another player:
    A roll of the dice will determine who gets the square at the front of the collision site. Others involved in the collision will be placed as I see fit. Direction does not change, speed is halved. If the collision is deemed deliberate, speed is cut to 0 and may or may not cost a turn as well.

Crashing off the track:
    The car is set back on the track near where they went off the track, direction changed to one that will not have the player crashing off the track again the next turn. Speed is cut to 0. If the crash occurs during the first 5 moves of a players turn, it is deemed a serious crash and will cost the player one turn as well, otherwise they are free to continue racing the next turn. Wildcards used in a players orders before the crash are gone, wildcard orders that would have occured had the car not gone off the track are not used up.

No oil or hidden sandtraps.

This will be a low speed, Rah-style track.

We will try for 6 racers again for this race.

Racers:
    1. Spaced Cowboy
    2. Skanky Burns
    3. Jonny
    4. Rah
    5. Jamski
    6. Panzeh
    Last edited by gjramsey; May 11, 2004, 20:16.

Ram,

Good man....I'm in of course!
    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

As am I - I have a title to defend after all.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I'm in again as well, looking for a 2nd win. Of course, it could be hard to establish a winning streak when ramsey won't be there to run into me as needed.

Comment

Count me in.
          Thanks for giving it a go.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Wow, NASCAR at 10 meters/day. I've seen faster snails.
            Visit First Cultural Industries
            There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
            Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Does that mean you can handle it smiley?
              We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Ok, how in the world do you post a track? I have one drawn up and looking for thougts on the design.
                Last edited by gjramsey; May 9, 2004, 18:12.

Comment

I did a minmap of sorts for the last game.
                  Maybe something like that.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I mean it lacks all the excitement of NASCAR that makes it entertaining.
                    Visit First Cultural Industries
                    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

I am not sure, it was exciting last race seeing who I was going to hit next.

I did the track in notepad, and sure didn't paste well into the message. Looked fine in the reply window, but like crap in the messages

Comment

You put it in code tags. [code]insert track here[/code]

Comment

a-ha! that worked. Thanks

Now time to edit the track some more

Comment

The start seems a little unfair, with no room to manouver. Maybe move the start to the flat straigh on the bottom of the map.
                            I like the curves.

Comment

Looks good.

Comment

Working...
                              X