Final Fantasy XI - Online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Fantasy XI - Online

Im surprised a thread about this game wasn't up yet. Great game. Highly Addictive. The first MMORPG i've played, but I love it.

Any other players here?
    -connorkimbro
    "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

I was told it was a game where you could not hope to solo after the newbie levels. Not being able to speak korean or in the same timezone as the US that pretty much limited my playing options. I didn't look much further since I was playing Horizons at the time then moved to City of Heroes. If you keep enjoying it I'd love to hear more about your adventures.
    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
    H.Poincaré

Comment

Apparently the linguistic barrier is broken down by having preprogrammed statements.
      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

I played for a while

too much running arround for my time, I had a level 11 monk and a level 10 blackmage arround last december

Jon Miller
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

jon, you barely even got into the game. you hardly scratched the surface. sure you have to get from one place to another sometimes, but there is ALOT of depth to the game.

grumbold: the game is from japan, not korea, but still i know what you mean. the game does have an autotranslation function, however, to translate many common words and phrases, as well as game terms, places, items, etc.

however when you play the game you find that at all hours of the day you can find a pretty good mix of japanese and english speaking players.
          -connorkimbro
          "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

yah

I know that there is a lot of depth

I don't have the time though, oyu know?

Jon Miller
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

MMORPGS suck IMO. too much running around too much time. And depth u speak of isnt really the depth im looking for. Gameplay wise its just pure hack, slash, wait... Like exception of character builds and how to form a good party, game doesnt really take that much thinking after that.

well if u like it, i guess, whatevers. There is alot of stuff to do, thats for sure. I can see why some would like it because thyere are so much stuff u can do and interact with in this game world, but it is totally not for me.
              :-p

Comment

How are the FIanl Fantsy games addictive? Turn based fighting sucks.
                Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Originally posted by bipolarbear
                  id say the same thing. but having been addictied to diablo ii for some time myself i can answer that...

its the whole "if i can spend 2 more hours playing, i can get closer to making my character better" lure... it never ends and u can never break away from it. Unless u can literally do everything u can in the game... which was (thankfully) possible in d2.

now having seen the trap i will never play mmorpg or diablo ii like games ever again..

mmorpgs and being able immerse urself into the wolrd kind games are fun in their own way, but im much happier with strategic competitive game these days. for once, spending time video game is actually much less compared to weekend hours of everquest binge for example..

im staying away from this game because i fear!

Comment

You must not know much about THIS particular final fantasy game. It's not turn based.

I'm not surprised that some, even MANY people don't like it. I am surprised that out of all the people that post on this site, I'm the only player of THIS game?
                    -connorkimbro

-theonion.com

Comment

well its still stand still and wack each other... id still call it turn based.

Comment

Working...
                      X