IWS XL: A Stupid Treasure Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IWS XL: A Stupid Treasure Hunt

Ah, exploration. Ever since we crawled out of our primordial sandbox to seek welts & bruises in the thorny backyard of life, it has called to us, inspiring the noblest impulses along with the worst. We'll be concentrating on the worst in this edition of IWS: unbridled greed, really. But maybe some of that other stuff will sneak in. You never know.

The rules, as passed down from the clan leaders of yore:
    All answers are allowed. However, scoring is not based on what the "correct" answer is . It is based on how many other participants choose the same answer. So, for example, if I ask what fruit is the greatest, and 17 people say "banana," each person who answered "banana" will get 17 points for that question. If someone says "mango," and they're the only one, they will get 1 point for that question.

However, the answer doesn't have to even fit the criteria. If two people answer "George W. Bush just invaded Canada!" when asked what fruit is the greatest, they will still get two points for that question.

Your individual score will be the total of your scores for all questions.
    People may remember that the last time I hosted an IWS, there was a sneaky invisible question. This time I'm being a lot more open about it. There is a bonus question that I have hidden somewhere on the Internet. It really isn't that hard to find, trust me. But don't fear, stupid people who fail to find the question. You can still submit an answer, and knowing that this is an IWS contest, it is highly likely that your wrong answers will beat out the right answers.

Bloody Squito.

1. What would be the most valuable resource in the New World, circa ~1600?

2. What will be the second planet/moon to be terraformed by humans?

3. Who is the greatest artist of the past 513 years?

4. What is your favorite acronym?

5. How about your favorite homonym?

6. So, when you read "Bloody Squito" above... what did you think it was? An evil mosquito? A feared (American) Indian chief? An alien mutant brain-sucker?

7. John Ashcroft has just sent you hurtling back in time to 100 years ago. Luckily, you think you can manipulate where you land. Where do you go to to seek your fortune?

8. What one trait do you think best describes most Apolytoners?

9. Which exotic country will the United States next go to war with?

10. Where is the lost city of El Dorado?

11. What have the Romans ever done for us?

Super Bonus Question:
    It is not Finland. It is not Zylka. Nor is it a banana. What is it?

(Remember. There is a clue. Somewhere. Somewhere near. Don't even think of posting it if you find it, although you're free to gloat.)

As a reminder, PM the answers, and for ease in processing, I'd prefer that you leave the questions out. Results will be posted on Monday or thereabouts, or possibly later.
    All syllogisms have three parts.
    Therefore this is not a syllogism.

I have sent my answers, to my eternal shame, and have decided that I was bloody stupid not to put randy as the answer for question 8. Can I change?

Comment

IWS 40

t
      Visit First Cultural Industries
      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

My teacup has been filled.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

umm... wasn't the last IWS XLI?
          ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

posted a pm .... not that it matters, but i do like stupid games...
            GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Sent.
              The Chuck Norris military unit was not used in the game Civilization 4, because a single Chuck Norris could defeat the entire combined nations of the world in one turn.
              - Chuck Norris Facts

Comment

I'm wondering if it is legal in the persuit of lowest-scoring to ignore the bonus question. I am having second thoughs, I must admit.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I thought the secret clue would be a little harder to find than that I actually called up Google before I thought of the right location.
                  Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Skanky: Sure it's legal. It's also legal for me to "interpret" you to a higher score, no?

Comment

Considering I started that precedent, I don't see a way to get out of it.

Comment

didnt even bother looknig for the secret bonus question ....
                        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Supplies are running out. Be sure to stock up now before they're all gone and the contest is closed.

Comment

Answers sent...
                            Play hangman.

Comment

Did I miss it?
                              Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Working...
                              X