Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Europa 1400

The Guild.

Anyone play it? I picked it up dirt cheap just on a whim, and I have to say, I'm having a great deal of fun with it. I think it's just the sheer variety of things to do and ways to play the game. That, and I love the dynastic system, where your characters will die and you must have a successor to continue. I wish Civ would incorporate something like this.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Never even heard of it.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

It's a German game, actually.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Fun game. But if you haven't already, be sure to download any patches. It really needs them.

Do you have the expansion? ( I think it may of been sold as a bundled "gold edition", actually...)

EDIT:

That, and I love the dynastic system, where your characters will die and you must have a successor to continue. I wish Civ would incorporate something like this.

Try Crusader Kings (by Paradox) - that's a main focus of the game, perhaps even more so than Europa 1400, although you don't have direct control over your families life.
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I got the "gold edition" I didn't see any patches for it...are there?

Re dynasty stuff:

I always thought that Civ should include dynasties that have certain ruling attributes for your kingdom. EU sort of did this with the rulers, but their attributes were static. I'd prefer having dynasties where you could improve their stats to help better your realm, only to see the collapse of a dynasty force you to start again in new circumstances (sorta like Europa 1400).
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
            I got the "gold edition" I didn't see any patches for it...are there?
            I don't think there are any for the expansion/gold edition. There wasn't last time I checked, anyways.

Re dynasty stuff:

I always thought that Civ should include dynasties that have certain ruling attributes for your kingdom. EU sort of did this with the rulers, but their attributes were static. I'd prefer having dynasties where you could improve their stats to help better your realm, only to see the collapse of a dynasty force you to start again in new circumstances (sorta like Europa 1400).
            Again, try Crusader Kings.

It pretty much fits what you're looking for perfectly, I think.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

What is Europa 1400/Crusader Kings?
              Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
              Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Europa 1400 the Guild is a sort of medieval sims game - you control a character and go throuhg daily routines, managing buisnesses, purchasin properties and taking part in politics. When you die your dynasty is inherited to your oldest child and the game carries on.

Crusader Kings is the latest Paradox game which takes place during the crusades (obviously) In the game you play as dynasty which in turn controls counties, duchies, and kingdoms, ect... and you need to maintain your dynasty and ensure that it has a male heir for you to continue playing.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Which is better?
                  Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                  Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Despite focusing on dynasties, they are completely different games. Crusader Kings if you want a strategy game, Europa 1400 if you want want a "buisness tycoon".

Do It Ourselves

Comment

How do you go about ensuring succession of your dynasty then?

Comment

By finding a young princess to ****, of course.

And then assassinting her brothers so that your child becomes heir to another kingdom aswell.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Re: Europa 1400

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                          The Guild.

Anyone play it? I picked it up dirt cheap just on a whim, and I have to say, I'm having a great deal of fun with it. I think it's just the sheer variety of things to do and ways to play the game. That, and I love the dynastic system, where your characters will die and you must have a successor to continue. I wish Civ would incorporate something like this.
                          Sounds like a good game, I'll put it on my list.
                          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

I've heard of the Guild. Sounds like fun, I may just end up trying it.
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Its yet another good concept from Jowood let down by appalling support and complete disregard for their customers. Over a year's wait for a patch and last time i looked it was still a beta with expectation that people should buy the gold edition to get a complete and patched game.

Comment

Working...
                              X