X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dnd assistance: rules?

I am fairly sure that diplomacy does not affect PC-PC interactions

but what about Bluff, Intimidate, and Sense Motive

also, how does damaging a specific part work?

I know that there is no such thing as Called Shots in DnD 3.5, but how do you hit someone in the legs (to slow them down??)

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

When I played D20, we had Bluff and Sense Motive affect PC-PC interactions (my character was abysmally stupid, so if a party member lied to me then I'd always fail my Sense Motive check and believe whatever he/she said), but never used Intimidate for PC-PC interactions.

There's an alternative set of 3rd edition critical hit rules out that cover called shots, but it's pretty comprehensive and likely more than you're looking for. Just use the 2nd edition system -- if someone's aiming for a specific body part then give them an attack penalty (-2 or -3 seems fair if they're aiming for the legs, since they're pretty girthy), and if they roll an 18+ and hit with a buffer of 5 or more (e.g., if they roll an 18 and would have hit with a 13, even with the to-hit penalty) then their target is crippled. If they're attacking with something like bolas or a spiked chain then give them some sorta bonus, like crippling the target with a 16+ with a buffer of 3 or more. (Don't quote me on the numbers, I don't have the 2nd edition combat and tactics book handy.)
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

how about this

what happens to a monk, with weapons in both hands

in relation to two-handed fighting and flurry of blows

Jon Miller
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Not sure on that one. AFAIK the monk uses his hand-to-hand attack bonus when using certain weapons, in which case two-handed fighting and flurry of blows shouldn't stack. (It's fair that a level 20 dual-wielding fighter with all of the relevant feats has more attacks than a level 20 monk, since the fighter's investment is far greater than the monk's.)
        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Working...
        X