• Time
  • Show
Clear All

_ _ _ _ _

(4 lives left...)

F P L A T E

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue

That's what I thought, but I saw Spikie count them all as guesses, and losing lives. I could be wrong in that, but what I meant was that losing all those lives wasn't necessarily right.

Yes you are being an idiot. I have never counted more than 1 word guess from 1 person as losing a life. In fact you were just complaining that I couldn't simultaneously accept a word guess as not counting for one of the 2 guesses allowed that round and as losing a life if it was incorrect. I explained why you were wrong.

Comment

O

Comment

U

It is bound to have a vowel or a vowel-sound in it somewhere.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

_ U _ _ _

(3 lives left...)

P L A T E O F (chips )

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
              It is bound to have a vowel or a vowel-sound in it somewhere.
              Absolutely, which is why I don't understand why people don't fire off vowels at the start.

Comment

It seems it isn't a good Poly game unless there are liberal amounts of death involved. So far we only have a paltry 2 bodies on the so-called pile.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

R
                  Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                  I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                    Yes you are being an idiot. I have never counted more than 1 word guess from 1 person as losing a life. In fact you were just complaining that I couldn't simultaneously accept a word guess as not counting for one of the 2 guesses allowed that round and as losing a life if it was incorrect. I explained why you were wrong.
                    My apologies, I misread where the lives had been lost. Anyways, disregard what I said on it, it's all utter crap
                    Smile
                    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Apology accepted.

Comment

S
                        Smile
                        For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                        But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Well E and T are the most common in the English language, so codebreakers always start with them to make their task easier. E is the most common, but then since we're not playing in school (well, some of us aren't) then the sly 'polytubbie will use words that do not contain T or E, certain that these will be the first guesses. Well, almost certain.....
                          Not sure why we started with L and P here though. It's your choice!

Comment

_ U _ _ _

(1 life left...)

P L A S T E R O F (Paris )

Comment

Y

EDIT: Remember, with only 1 life left updates happen each and every guess.
                              Last edited by Skanky Burns; April 29, 2004, 08:10.

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york
                                Well E and T are the most common in the English language, so codebreakers always start with them to make their task easier. E is the most common, but then since we're not playing in school (well, some of us aren't) then the sly 'polytubbie will use words that do not contain T or E, certain that these will be the first guesses. Well, almost certain.....
                                Not sure why we started with L and P here though. It's your choice!
                                could bhe we also want to have fun with the game
                                Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                                I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                                X