No announcement yet.

Massive Multiplayer Role Playing Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cant stand that "stand around, wait turns to whack each other and let random generator and stats decide how much to deal dmg" bull****.

i mean where the hell is the fun in that. You already know whos gonna win before fighting cause theres absolutely no gameplay involved.... Oh my g0d, the creature is weak agst ice! t3h L337 strategy would be to use....... ICE!

Planetside was ok. I didnt like it too much, but it was enjoyable.
    :-p

Comment

I always wanted to try one of these. What's GOOD and FREE?

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Most of the good ones have a monthly subscription I think.

Comment

Ok... what's ok and free?

I'm not paying a monthly sub, as I really can't afford or justify the cost

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

I think Lineage 2's open beta is still going. (It's made by an asian company and it's a bit of an anime style cute-fest. I couldn't stand it)

Ryzom has just started an open beta aswell, but I think you have to be a subsriber to fileplanet, or something.

Dark and Light is still in eary testing, and if you sign up now you should still have a chance of geting in later.
            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Jam, the one I linked to has a whole list of games, many of which are in beta and all of which have been given ratings. Take a look there.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Osweld... I just noticed the animation in your avatar!

*ahem* on topic, I kinda liked Lineage when I tried it out a while back... and every Korean I know swears by it.
                ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

just don't get Star Wars Galaxies.

They ****ed that game up.

Actually after many, many months and a lot of work, the game isn't too bad. But there's still nothing to do. There's no point to it. Just bash monsters and fight each other pvp.

but they finally got animal mounts and vehicles in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                    Ok... what's ok and free?

I'm not paying a monthly sub, as I really can't afford or justify the cost

-Jam
                    Courtesy of duke translations inc

I couldn't take the chance of Mrs Jamski catching me paying to play mmorpgs.

Comment

Well considering I'd be using HER credit card...

Damm - you know me too well

-Jam

Comment

Any MMOG that has been out a while usually has a downloadable 1-2 week free trial. EVE, Horizons, Asherons Call 2, Anarchy online, Dark Age of Camelot, Everquest certainly did last time I looked.
                        To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                        H.Poincaré

Comment

I have now tried downloading the beta of Ryzom twice and both times been unable to complete the download (after several hours the first time downloading, and over an hour the second). A frustrating beginning, but I will continue to try.
                          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

$10 a month isn't very expensive at all. It's only hard to justify when you have to pay full price to buy the game box & serial number, too. But I think some MMOGs might not be requiring that anymore... although I'm not sure.
                            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

The major problem is these types of games are only fun when you have massive amounts of free time, and you only have massive amounts of free time if you don't have a job. In that case, $10 a month is worth way more to you than to someone who works.
                              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

$10 a month is too expensive.

Because in a rpg you want to keep your character around. You don't want him to die after you play just 2 months. You may want to pick him up again.

so in order to keep your character alive if you want to play him again, you have to keep paying.

compare this to Diablo2. Where it is free for them to store your character (just make sure to play once every 90 days). Often I take a few months off from the game, and can pick up my old character where he left off. And it's free!

Comment

Working...
                                X