R.i.p.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.i.p.

During the last many years, many game companies has stopped (for one reason or another). Among them there's many great names, most of us remember.
    This thread is dedicated to those game companies...

What company do you miss the most? And what games did they make, that makes you miss them?

There's two companies I miss:

Bullfrog - These guys made lots of great original games (e.g. Syndicate, Theme youNameIt, Populus)
    Psygnosis - The 'owl' that created Lemmings... One of the best puzzle type games around... too bad their last couple of Lemmings games was only made 'for the money'
    This space is empty... or is it?

Microprose.

Comment

Didn't Psygnosis eventually turn into Rock Star Games (GTA) ?

Also Mucky Foot which was a load of ex-Bullfrog staff closed its doors recently.

I probably miss Microprose the most for all the obvious games.

Comment

Yep, MicroProse is certainly one that is missed the most.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Simtex and Mythos are the first that come to mind.

Microprose had alot of great titles under it, but it was mostly just a publisher... although, I think they did make a few games with their own development team. MoO2?

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm pretty sure MOO2 was another simtex game.
          Last edited by General Ludd; April 21, 2004, 20:57.
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Bullfrog

Domark that made Champ Manager, but i think they merged with someone or something, either way i remember seeing that logo everytime i fired up CM in DOS and the blokes pixelated face...

What happened to Ocean?
            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
            CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
            One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
              Microprose.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                Microprose.
                I dont think ive played any Microprose games that werent published by the folks who went on to Firaxis and/or BHG. So as far as Im concerned Microprose lives.
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

I dont think ive played any Microprose games that werent published by the folks who went on to Firaxis and/or BHG. So as far as Im concerned Microprose lives.

Yeah I agree with that
                  On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Domark that made Champ Manager, but i think they merged with someone or something, either way i remember seeing that logo everytime i fired up CM in DOS and the blokes pixelated face...
                    They became Eidos.

Comment

what, bullfrog's gone? I'm behind
                      Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Sierra & LucasArts.

Well, they're dead to me.
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Microprose stopped making great games a decade ago.
                          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Microprose.
                            Megasoft.
                            Atari.

May they rest in peace.

Unfortunately those nasty necromancers at Infrogrames gutted Atari and used its skin as a coat to hide under.

Comment

Atari, and, Id
                              Id made al the great DOS games, like Keen, Duke Nukem IIRC.
                              Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                              Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Working...
                              X