Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black & White 2: Can they make it work this time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black & White 2: Can they make it work this time?

I really hope they will. Black & White 1 had a lot of potential, but it only ended up frustrating people. It had a great engine, and it looks like BW2 will have that too. What worries me more is whether the quests will be fun, and whether the creature will learn a little more realistically.
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

B&W was neither as good as the initial press, nor as bad as fan reaction. It was very innovative, perhaps too ambitious. I think Lionhead can and will do better, if they can tighten up some of the spellwork, creature AI, stability, and scenarios. Improved villager AI would also be good; more impressive atmospheric effects based on good/evil would also be an improvment.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Screenshotty

"You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

I'd love it if you could actually be god in black and white instead of "Well....Your god, except you can't do this and that and this and that..."
        Another thing I didn't like was that I needed people to worship me....wtf?
        And dealing with the creature was just the last straw for me.
        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Yeah, no, I don't think that thye cna, unless they drastically change the concept. But reall, if they can just sell it all on hype again, then it doesn't really matter if the game is crappier than the SIm CIty collection, they will have made money, and in a repulsive capitalist society such as this, that is all that matters.
          Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
          Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

They'll have a hard time after the backlash against the overrated first one. I hope they do succeed this time.
            To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
            H.Poincaré

Comment

I agree with you Guynemer. Blacke & White is nowhere near as bad as all the disappointed fanboys claim. Then again, the creature AI did ruin the replay value.

I think that Lionhead were really rushed to finish the first game, but it seems there has been a bit more of a relaxed lead up to its sequel. Hopefully this will result in a much more polished game.

Those screenshots look incredible.
              Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

i hope they make it more towards a rts(warcraft/c&c/aoe slant) with more populous type stuff too. the creature is a gimmick and not something to base a whole game on. when black and white first came out i expected it to be more along the lines of what b&w2 seems to be.
                Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

I think even if B&W2 is good they might have a hard time convincing people to buy it after B&W.

Comment

Working...
                  X