Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lesiure Suit Larry

I just found some screenshots for this game:

(at the bottom of the page it says "Næste Side", which means next page )

Personally I don't like the graphics... they should have stayed with 2D... but what worries me most is the fact that Al Lowe doesn't work on this project
    This space is empty... or is it?

I just found a video to this game... but it's not worth downloading... It's only 53 sec, but the first 10 seconds is just showing the text "Guess who's back"... The quality is low, and there's faster cutting than in most music videos and Hollywood movies, so you don't actually see anything... and the worst part: It's almost 200 MB
    I downloaded with an average on 100 kbs, but it was still 'too slow' for this bad movie...

Comment

Wow, that took a long time before this got posted.

English

They should have stayed with 2D indeed, or at least make some great 3D graphics.

Edit : the auto censor screws up the link

It's magna C u m (no spaces), so you'll need to replace the *** with C u m
      Last edited by alva; April 17, 2004, 08:05.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Some years ago when they was making Larry 8 - somethingAboutSpace they released a small video just before they cancelled it... as far as I remember, the graphics back then was the same (if not better) as the one in this larry game... and that was many years ago

Comment

I'm just glad they're making a new Larry game at all. I think censors who approve endless games involving killing people in the goriest ways imaginable but get indignant at the flash of a pixellated nipple have some serious issues to resolve.

Al Lowe not being involved is a shame but provided the general approach and humour stays similar it really shouldn't matter. A game genre rarely stands or falls on the creative input of one man.
          To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
          H.Poincaré

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold
            I'm just glad they're making a new Larry game at all. I think censors who approve endless games involving killing people in the goriest ways imaginable but get indignant at the flash of a pixellated nipple have some serious issues to resolve.
            Totally agree

Al Lowe not being involved is a shame but provided the general approach and humour stays similar it really shouldn't matter. A game genre rarely stands or falls on the creative input of one man.
            But sometimes it makes a difference... and I wonder why they didn't want Al Lowe to do the humor... He (Al) said he wanted to do it, and he had been with Sierra a few times to discuss future projects (for Sierra in general, not just for Al Lowe or Larry)... he's as puzzled as the rest of the world, why they didn't choose him...

Comment

Sid sycophants would claim the notable exception.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

But Civ2 was made by Brian

Whatever Al is up to these days I doubt he is sitting around with his own team ready to jump into a new Larry game like he used to. With the game being handed out to be written by a new developer its understandable that they wanted to follow their own ideas rather than calling Al and asking him to come design it for them.

The 3d I can do without but its certainly an innovative new approach to have Larry succeed or fail in multilayered conversation (with minigames) instead of relying purely on working out the object orientated puzzles of the past. I look forward to trying it out to see if it pays off.
                To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                H.Poincaré

Comment

I have been a subscriber to Al Lowes cyberjokes (2 jokes per day in the email) for years, and he's been telling what he knows about the project. In short:

As Larry 8 - Lust in Space, was cancelled some years ago, Al Lowe said he wanted to do the game himself (well... not all by himself, but you know what I mean), but he wasn't allowed to start the project because of copyright issues.
                  Later Sierra called in ex/employers (Among them was Al Lowe) to talk about the fact that Sierra wanted to get some of their old classics 'back to life'. Later it became more specific that LSL games was one of them.
                  Al Lowe has then been to a few interviews about the game, but for some reason he wasn't chosen...

Ok, maybe I forgot some facts or something, but the whole story (from AL's point of view) is to be found at www.allowe.com

Comment

For more information about Larry 8 - Lust in Space and the next Larry game

Comment

Hahaha, and if this follows what Sierra has done to the other franchises they tried resurrecting, then this will almost certainly be cancelled before it sees the light of day.

Full Throttle 2
                      Sam and Max 2
                      Any I'm forgetting?
                      I never know their names, But i smile just the same
                      New faces...Strange places,
                      Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
                      -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

Originally posted by mactbone
                        Hahaha, and if this follows what Sierra has done to the other franchises they tried resurrecting, then this will almost certainly be cancelled before it sees the light of day.

Full Throttle 2
                        Sam and Max 2
                        Any I'm forgetting?
                        And what does Sierra have to do with the games you mention?
                        Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                        And notifying the next of kin
                        Once again...

Comment

They sent nasty letters to Lucasarts, asking them to cancel some games?
                          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Larry trailer 7MB
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Hueij

And what does Sierra have to do with the games you mention?
                              They wished *really* hard for the games to be cancelled.

Comment

Working...
                              X