No announcement yet.

Fallout 3 revived!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No way this is handled in the right manner. Interplay has shown repeatedly that they don't care about the integrity of the license (see Fallout:Brotherhood of Steel and Fallout Tactics). I just don't see Interplay picking a decent devolopement company. I also doubt that Troika or any other company populated by the Black Isle staff has a shot at this.
    I never know their names, But i smile just the same
    New faces...Strange places,
    Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
    -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

I liked fallout:tactics.

granted, it's not a rpg. But it never billed itself as a rpg.

I never played that other one. I think that's a console game.

Comment

Yeah, Fallout:BoS (also known as: Fallout: PoS, which I am sure you can think of what it stands for ) was only released for PS2 and XBox AFAIK...
        XBox Live: VovanSim
        xbox.com (login required)
        Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
        Spore page

Comment

At this point I'm rather hoping the Devil Whiskey team will do a remake of Wasteland.
          Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

I heard the news and I felt happy.

Here's to the hopes it goes through and doesn't suck.
            Talent Optional

Comment

Obsidian has gone on a hiring spree. Are they hoping for the license?

I think it would be cool for them to have it, seeing how Obsidian is home to ol' Feargus and all...
              Spore page

Comment

I think they would have had to hire more just to scale up to the size of team to do KotOR2 justice now that they have the contract. Nothing would please me more than them getting FO3, either to carry on the current build or design anew, but it seems unlikely.
                To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                H.Poincaré

Comment

What has Obsidian done in the past? I don't recall ever hearing of them. I worry about them doing KOTOR2.

Although if they have Feargus, that is good news.

Comment

Unfortunately, I read today (on IGN, I think...) that the current scuttlebutt is that none of the previous work on the project (code named Van Bueren) is apparently going to be used by whomever takes over. Good-bye, Black Isle's efforts
                    I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

that is worrysome. That means we are getting an entirely new game. Who knows how that will turn out.

Comment

anymore updates recently?

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us
                          anymore updates recently?
                          Rumor has it, Interplay is about to file bankruptcy, so the license will probably be sold to cover that. It's unclear as to who would buy it though.
                          Spore page

Comment

Atari!

"I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Atari!
                              :shiver:
                              I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Working...
                                X