Spartan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spartan

I just D/L'd the demo and though I've only played for a couple of hours it looks like a good 'un.

It's a TBS based in ancient Greece with the focus on warfare and research.

It plays like a hybrid of Civ and a wargame and initially looks a bit like a RTS. The main way it differs from Civ is that in any given scenario all the cities are already founded all the player can do is capture (or lose!) them. There is more attention to army composition and placement in battles as well.

With TBS's being so thin on the ground it's difineatly worth a look.

Is it anything like RoN?
    Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Originally posted by Barinthus
      Is it anything like RoN?
      No it's turn based, although the battles are in real time you don't have a great deal of influence on them once you have set your formation and decided to atttack

Comment

Has anybody tried that new Empire game or whatever?
        Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
        Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Spartan is the 3rd outing of Slitherines game engine behind Legion and Chariots of War. Its finally starting to look decent although the focus on hands-off battles and fixed scenarios still has me concerned that I'll be shelving it after only a few plays unless the AI is much more competent than before.
          To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
          H.Poincaré

Comment

Working...
          X