The Sims vs Milton Bradley's Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sims vs Milton Bradley's Life

POTM and friend were playing Life (the contemporary version) again the other day. POTM loves it. As far as I can see the only strategic decisions are college vs not, when to buy stock (as soone as possible and the relatively minor one of whether or not to buy insurance. And the final decision of whether to go to millionaire acres or not.

But 90% of the time you have no decisions to make whatsoever.

I presume The Sims covers this subject (real life modeling) in much greater depth, with many more strategic and tactical decisions to make.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Re: The Sims vs Milton Bradley's Life

Originally posted by lord of the mark

I presume The Sims covers this subject (real life modeling) in much greater depth, with many more strategic and tactical decisions to make.

umm, not from what I've seen...

Comment

"Should I get the painting.....or the couch?"
      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Eat eat eat I need to eat eat eat watch TV wathc TV wathc TV too little space too little space eat eat eat sleep sleep sleep
        Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
        Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

perhaps theyre not really comparable - one is more tactical, the other more "strategic". Of course in "Life" you also buy stuff, like paintings or furniture. Only you dont get a choice, it depends which space you land on. And you never run out of room, no matter how small a house you bought, how many kids you have, or how much stuff you buy.
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Funniest post today.

Comment

I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Sims is more "social" simulator than a life simulator. It teaches you, for example, that adults are always adults and kids are always kids. Babies are only babies for three days though, after which they are school-aged kids too.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

It also takes you over an hour to do the most menial of tasks, fifteen minutes to walk from one end of the house to the other, and you have to wake up four hours before your car pool heads out to work if you want to wake up, go to the bathroom, bathe and eat.
                  Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

But it only takes 5 minutes for you to change from your work clothes to formal wear.

Comment

Originally posted by Kassiopeia
                      It also takes you over an hour to do the most menial of tasks, fifteen minutes to walk from one end of the house to the other, and you have to wake up four hours before your car pool heads out to work if you want to wake up, go to the bathroom, bathe and eat.

Well yeah, ive heard the timing is inaccurate. Of course in Life you never leave your car, as you travel down the road of life. You receive your salary once a year. Everyone gets married, and at the same stage in life. You can easily end the game having written a best selling novel, being elected to high office, winning a Nobel prize, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                        Sims is more "social" simulator than a life simulator. It teaches you, for example, that adults are always adults and kids are always kids. Babies are only babies for three days though, after which they are school-aged kids too.

POTM has developed her own variation on Life, which she calls "multigenerational life" When the kids reach a certain age (assuming each salary payment = one year) they leave their parents car, get their own car, and start their own journey. The parents pay for their college so they dont have to take out a loan (now where did she get THAT idea ) To me, this just extends the monotony of the game even longer -

"Daddy can you play Life with me?"
                        "Sure, as long as we're not playing multigenerational Life"
                        "Daddy!!! )

Comment

the sims is a fish tank. To get anywhere in it, you have to jst get on a repetitive schedule. The social aspect is the only hard part. Probably a relfection of real life, that's why i use a web forum and my guitars for most of my time.
                          Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                          Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

I didn't know that they changed that fast, I always got too pissed at them after the first day, and just tried to kill them. DO kids ever grow up into adults?

I wish the sims actually had you going to your job and dealing with crap there. B/c they alwayts expect you to make friends with people who are in your neighborhood. What abooot friends at work? That happens in real life, but apparently not in simville.
                            Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                            Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Maybe Sims 2.

Comment

Working...
                              X