Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mafia XV - It's death Jam, but not as we know it...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mafia XV - It's death Jam, but not as we know it...

Welcome to the 15th Mafia Game!

I'm your host and gamesmaster Jamski, and let me tell you that we've got a stellar cast of characters ready to vote and die on the edge of the civilised universe for your enjoyment. Sorry to those who arrived just after leaving Earth orbit, but the life support systems of the ASS Apolyton were only designed to sustain the lives of 22 speaking characters and an infinite supply of security men in red jackets. Don't worry about them, they knew the risks when they took the job on, and the Apolytonian Space Federation has ensured thier wives will get a good pension. So... roll the music, here comes the longingly awaited Pilot Episode!

Pilot Episode

*dramatic music plays*

Voice over : These are the voyages of the starship ASS Apolyton, captained by the bold and heroic captain Hercules, under Federation orders to seek out new life in the boundaries of the Universe. Supporting the captain in his every action is his loyal servant and aide, Zopperoni without whom he'd never be able to get into that skin-tight uniform.

Another man having problems squeezing into his uniform is General Ludd the ship's dashing and experienced First Officer. With his droopy whiskers, he's a real favorite with the ladies, or so his friend Alva the Second Officer always tells him with his usual dry humor (Considering the only "lady" they meet is an alien in series XVII, its hard to tell) This pair of old hands are responsible for the training and teaching of the newest member of the crew, Jonny, the ship's Third Officer, straight out of Cadet School on Earth.

Steering the ASS Apolyton through the deeps of space is the old rocket jockey GJRamsey, serving as the Navigation Officer, who skillfully manoveres the ship using the warp engines so lovingly maintained by the Chief Engineer, Mart7x5, who also repairs the ASS Apolyton's small shuttle every time the young and wild pilot Kassiopeia crashes it into another asteroid.

The ship's mission is directed by the Federation on Earth, who are represented by Senator Spiffor, an aging but wise politician. He often finds his humanitarian interests in saving aliens from extinction at odds with the "blast them bugs to bits" attitude of most of the crew, in particular Theben the Weapons Officer, one of the best shots in the navy.

When the ship gets shot at in return, its the job of Urban Ranger, a lowly technician, to get out there in a space suit and weld it back together. He hates his job, but always obeys orders out of fear for the sadistic Head of Security, Tuberski. And when the ship really gets hit badly, and someone is hurt, then brave Doc, the ship's Medical Officer, is always ready to patch them up.

When the ASS Apolyton contacts new lifeforms, it falls to the Communications Officer, Vlad Antlerkov to try and make contact, and Guynemer, the Intellegence Officer, attempts to work out if the aliens are just like humans, but ugly, or if they are bugs. Its a hard job, but not as hard as that of Jon Miller who as Data Soryting Officer has to catalogue all the research done by the others.

After work is done for that day, the crew relax. They might eat in the Messroom where ADG is the FPA (Food Preperation Assistant) responisble for opening small packets of recycled nutrient paste, and trying to make it look good on a plate, after which most people need to wash the taste away in either the Officer's Bar, run by rah, or the Enlisted Men's Bar, where Skanky Burns is the barkeeper, and many officers prefer the more laid back atmosphere.

For those who just can't get enough, GhengisFarb runs the Holodecks on level 69, where a man can experience whatever he dreams. That's why the captain has Sergeant Frozzy on security duty down there. The tough, crewcut man has no dreams.

Code:
    mafia
    Name Position Status
    rah Entertainments Officer Alive
    Hercules Captain Alive
    gjramsey Navigation Engineer Alive
    GhengisFarb Holodeck Engineer Alive
    alva 2nd Officer Alive
    Tuberski Head of Security Alive
    Guynemer Intelligence Officer Alive
    Jonny 3rd Officer Alive
    Zopperoni Aide to Captain Hercules Alive
    Theben Weapons Officer Alive
    Kassiopeia Shuttle Pilot Alive
    Doc Medical Officer Alive
    FlameFlash Ship's Chaplain Alive
    Mart7x5 Chief Engineer Alive
    Scatty Bums Recreational Operations Engineer Alive
    Vlad Antlerkov Communications Officer Alive
    ADG Food Prep Assistant Alive
    General Ludd 1st Officer Alive
    Urban Ranger Hull Maintainance Techicican Alive
    Spiffor Federation Government Representative Alive
    Jon Miller Data Sorting Officer Alive
    Frozzy Security Guard Alive
    The killer(s) will soon be chosen at random and notified. Can everybody please check your PM boxes. If you are a killer, please send your kills ahead of time so that people can't guess who you are by the timezone, and to keep the game moving.

Good luck, and remember in space...

...noone can hear you scream

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Wow, when I GM'ed I was considering a scifi setting but decided against it because it was my first time and I didn't want to take any chances. That and I was too excited to give it any further though. I love what you've done with it

Especially my position, even though I'd have preferred science officer or chief engineer.

Federation Government Representative
    Somehow that reminds me of the "Political Officers" there were in the Red Army during World War II (IIRC). What a coincidence that Spiffor is a member of the CPA...
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

The killer(s) have been informed.

Same rules as last game, with one addition. People who continually fail to vote will lose priority in the sign-up for the next game. Same for mafias that fail to send kills.

Wow, I'm like, sooo evil man

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

Hmmm... Intelligence Officer... as befitting my position, I would just like to clarify--we will once again be sent clues on a random basis, yes?
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Yes. 2 clues/herrings per round, sent by random number selection.

I'd have preferred science officer or chief engineer
          This is a PC TBS games forum... I guess most people wanted that job

-Jam

Comment

Hehe nice twist.

Comment

Its a sad day indeed when Theban's name is spelt correctly and mine isn't.

Nicely applied sci-fi twist.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

For those who just can't get enough, GhengisFarb runs the Holodecks on level 69, where a man can experience whatever he dreams.
                What I'm not an amateur landscape artist?

Comment

You can call them "landscapes", if you want. I bet people do quite a bit of exploring on those holodecks.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Captain's log additiional....:

bidou...bidou...bidou..
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

This weeks special: Xeno Beer is half-price!

Comment

Hey, great build-up again btw.
                        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Can you get a ticket for navigating a spaceship while intoxicated?

Comment

/me slips some "compound 43" into GJRamsey's drink.
                            It beats the detection algorithms every time.

Comment

Great setup
                              Mart
                              Map creation contest
                              WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

Working...
                              X