Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yet Other Thread of Have You Tried This Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just about to go out the door to the mall and possibility buying the game then I realized, nobody answered me whether if they had a difficult time running the game on windows XP. According to reviewers, that was an issue - the game often crashed running on Windows XP.
    Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Exile r0x0rZ!!!
      Exile is a great game to play.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Just found out that there's a new Divinity game...

Beyond Divinity

Beyond Divinity is Larian Studios’ new role playing game set in the award-winning Divinity universe. In Beyond Divinity, you become soul-forged with a Death Knight. Your fate is to spend the rest of eternity bonded to this creature of evil, unless you can undo this curse. You and your unlikely companion embark on a great adventure to unlock the secret of riftrunning... your only answer to this life of darkness! Read more for our beta build impressions ...

Looks cool to me. Hopefully they fixed some issues from the first game.
        Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Exile is alright, but I like its update, Avernum, better. It's simply much easier to play.

In fact, the entire series was updated. Truly, an epic role-playing trilogy. I'll never forget when I first assasinated the Emperor... Hawthorne, I think his name was.
          "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
          Drake Tungsten
          "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
          Albert Speer

Comment

Easier to play as in better interface or ? I certainly hope it doesnt mean the game has been 'dumbed'
            Who is Barinthus?

Comment

It went 3d (or so I heard) wherein I lost interest.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

It wasn't dumbed, and the 3D only affected the look of the game, not how it was played.

When they made Avernum they also included a bit more depth, and rebalanced the gameplay a bit (I think). I recommend checking out the demo.
                John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

I plan to, Felch
                  Who is Barinthus?

Comment

It's hardly 3D. It's still extremely oldschool. For my money, Avernum 1-3 are much easier to play (and fun) than Exile 1-3. If you're looking for some simple RPG fun with an intriguing story, check out the Avernums.
                    "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                    Drake Tungsten
                    "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                    Albert Speer

Comment

Working...
                    X