Far Cry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Far Cry

Does anyone have this game? I am embarrassed to admit this game slipped under my radar until it was released recently. Some are touting it as beating HL2 and Doom3 to the punch in starting the next generation of FPS games. It's not been hyped at all, but the reviews seem very flattering.

It has a demo of over 500 megs.
    SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

The real game is 4 GB DVD. It's a cool game if you like FPS games

Comment

Any link to the demo?
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Comment

Danke.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

500MB demo! It had better be good.

Comment

Check out the system requirements as well, they're pretty high:

Minimum
                Supported OS: Windows® 98SE/ME/2000/XP (only)
                Processor: 1 GHz
                RAM: 256 MB
                Video Card: 64 MB DirectX® 9.0b-compatible graphics card
                Sound Card: DirectX® 9.0b-compatible PCI card
                DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0b (included on disc)
                DVD-ROM: 4x DVD
                Hard Drive Space: 4 GB
                Multiplayer: Broadband with 64 Kbps upstream to play (512 Kbps upstream to host 8 players)

Recommended
                Supported OS: Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP (only)
                Processor: AMD Athlon 2400-3000+ or Pentium 4 2-3 GHz
                RAM: 512-1024 MB
                Video Card: 128 MB GeForce 4 128 MB to GeForce FX 5950; ATI Radeon 9500-9800 XT
                Sound Card: Sound Blaster® Audigy® series
                DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0b (included on disc)
                DVD-ROM: 8x-16x DVD
                Hard Drive Space: 4 GB
                Multiplayer: Broadband with 64 Kbps upstream to play (512 Kbps upstream to host 8 players)

Comment

Excellent..........I like games that put my system through its paces.

Comment

it's supposed to be a really killer fps game in single player. multiplayer seems more of a mixed bag but it's rumored to have superb modding tools.
                    Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

Originally posted by pg
                      it's supposed to be a really killer fps game in single player. multiplayer seems more of a mixed bag but it's rumored to have superb modding tools.
                      Sounds familiar...

Half-Life
                      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I have the full game, and it looks promising... great graphics, large maps... I've only got to second level though...

First level is some very large beach level, which ends when you're going into a ship. In the ship you have to fight your way to the top, which is where I'm now. On the top of the boat there's tons of soldiers, plus an annoying hilicopter... I've only once managed to kill all soldiers, but then I got killed as I tried to get the escape boat into the water... the boat killed me

It's interesting that in level 2 you can quickly go back to level 1, by jumping of the ship (into the water), then swim ashore
                        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

ADG if you used the same method to get this as you described in the UT2004 thread I am amazed at your prowess.

Comment

I've got the full version. Graphically, it is the best looking game released to date and it manages to run a a good framerate on my pretty average system (Gforce 4 TI 4200, 1 gig RAM, Athlon 1800+) with all settings on either medium or high. I can't put enough emphasis on how amazing this game looks.

Graphics is about all the game is good for, however. The gameplay is adequate. The story is basically non-existant. And the voice acting... oh god! Only resident evil 1 has worse voice acting than this game. Overall I'd probably give it a 7 or 7.5 of 10.
                            "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Originally posted by Doc
                              ADG if you used the same method to get this as you described in the UT2004 thread I am amazed at your prowess.
                              You have no idea

Originally posted by BustaMike
                              And the voice acting... oh god! Only resident evil 1 has worse voice acting than this game.
                              I take that you haven't played The Black Mirror... and for Gods sake, don't ever play it
                              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Working...
                              X