Syberia 2 is out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syberia 2 is out!

Well in some parts of the world..........not here yet though.

Still the reviews are pouring in. I note Gamespot only gave it an average rating, but JustAdventure seem to like it:

Well, I got it the day it came out, and played a bit. Awesome stuff so far, so I agree with JustAdventure. Though the Gamespot review sorta raises a valid point: this is a sequel to S1, and that shows a lot. You simply *have* to have played the original in order for anything to make sense.
    XBox Live: VovanSim
    xbox.com (login required)
    Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
    Spore page

Comment

Yeah Gamespot were also worried about her seeming lack of motivation for continuing the quest, whereas in the first game it made complete sense. This also would bother me a litte. Still, I'll probably pick it up at some point.

Comment

Well, not having played Syberia 1 means I probably won't get this one either.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
          Well, not having played Syberia 1 means I probably won't get this one either.
          No! Means you've got to get both of them!

Spore page

Comment

Well I can't vouch for the second yet but the first is definitely worth playing.

Comment

I've never played the original, but I saw this one in the store the other night, it looked interesting.

Is it a Myst type game?

Comment

Originally posted by centrifuge

Is it a Myst type game?
                Absolutely NOT!
                Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                And notifying the next of kin
                Once again...

Comment

It's a classic point and click adventure, with an immersive story.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc
                    It's a classic point and click adventure, with an immersive story.
                    So I'm assuming a lot of puzzle solving, without the violence of RPG's or FPS etc? If so. it sounds quite interesting, I might try to find the original and give it a go

Comment

So I'm assuming a lot of puzzle solving, without the violence of RPG's or FPS etc?
                      Precisely.
                      Spore page

Comment

So I'm assuming a lot of puzzle solving, without the violence of RPG's or FPS etc? If so. it sounds quite interesting, I might try to find the original and give it a go
                        Well you thwart the occasional madman, and harbour (mostly repressed) feelings of violence towards some people in the game, but of course you don't blow them up with a frag grenade or anything.

Comment

Working...
                        X