Strategy game recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strategy game recommendations

I'm thinking of purchasing Victoria an empire under the sun. Can anyone who has it recommend it. Can anyone recommend any other games.
    What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
    What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Civilization III
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Can anyone recommend any other games

Other games is exactly where this should be posted

you'd get a far better response and less idiots like me, unless I happen to be browsing through the OG forum at the time, in which case you'd get a response from an idiot like me.

I reccomend Civilization, its a classic!

Comment

Thanks I'll repost in other games so I won't recommendations like CIV3. Who does'nt own that?
        What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
        What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

Heretics and heathens still do not own Civilization III.
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Heretics and heathens are the only who own Civilization III.

Comment

I bought Victoria: Empire under the Sun. It has a very steep learning curve, so it will require patience, but if you get it down it is a GREAT game. Perhaps the most realalistic history game yet, it's a really wonderful making of the Age of Imperialism, and with the fan community working on the VIP project it'll get better.

I only wish I had moe time to play it.
              "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Now that its been moved I'll make a serious reccomendation!

Hearts of Iron is a good WWII strategy game by Paradox

Medieval: Total War is alright. It has many things that could be improved upon but the battle field is awsome, you get to command armies from back in the day in real time combat: archers, spearmen, knights, and various other unit types including a full range of Muslim and Eastern European stuff to choose from.

Space Empires III, the major plus, its free.
                Its also a great game, definetly worth trying out. I dont recall the website url off the top of my head but google it and ye shall find. I'll PM something else about it.

besides Civ those are really the only other strategy games Ive really played. Not much, but Civ is one hell of a magician, it makes time disappear.

Comment

aren't there different types of strategy games.

You have global strategy games like Civ3, Civ2, SMAC etc. I suppose Europe Universalis would fall under that categy (I never played it).

You have war games like Korsun Pocket.

Then you have squad based tactical games. Silent Storm might fit that category (still don't have it). Of course X-com fits that category (it also has base management).

Comment

dammit Diss,

change your freakin' avatar. I hate Miriam.
                    Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                    Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                    *****Citizen of the Hive****
                    "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Are there any turn based games in the Medievel: Total war style? Real time has never been my bag, click fest's are not cool
                      Play hangman.

Comment

Civ3 is alright. Just don't buy Conquests, it's royally screwed. Or should I say firaxed?

Comment

Don't some TBS games have a pause function, so that you actually get time to think about the decisions you have to make? I don't know which games do this, but I have heard about a mixing of TBS and RTS that sounded rather good. Whether it's only on the novice level or not I'm not sure.

Comment

I was looking for recommendations for games that have come after CIV3 that are not one of the main games on this site(CIV,GALCIV,SMAC,MOO,CTP). ALl owned by me.
                            Is there anything new and exciting?

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york
                              Don't some TBS games have a pause function, so that you actually get time to think about the decisions you have to make? I don't know which games do this, but I have heard about a mixing of TBS and RTS that sounded rather good. Whether it's only on the novice level or not I'm not sure.
                              Rise of Nations lets you do this, which works really well in my experience.

Same goes for Europa Universalis, which feels more civ-like.
                              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
                              X