Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• battle.net april 1 jokes

being as it's that time again, I looked and discovered these two items

1. two headed ogre a playable race in world of warcraft. another player controls the other head.

2. Goblin Tinker is new hero type in upcoming Frozen Throne patch.

Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
    ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

The first one's all right, but I don't get the second at all.

Comment

1.) Hilarious.
      2.) ?

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york
        The first one's all right, but I don't get the second at all.
        I guess heores are supposed to be badass, not utter weaklings like goblin tinkers.
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

The goblin tinker is not funny by itself; you have to know WC3 and read the page I link to. Trust me it's far more hilarious than that ogre thing.

Comment

What about this one?

Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
            Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Also not bad.

Comment

The golbin tinker is a good idea actually. Since they have done the graphics, I hope they'll implement it in a patch or so
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Balance first, silly heroes can be played in custom games.

Comment

warcraft 3 SUX!
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc

The goblin tinker is not funny by itself; you have to know WC3 and read the page I link to. Trust me it's far more hilarious than that ogre thing.

I get it!

Run humans! Run for your lives!
                      If I only had a brain...

Comment

omfg ph34r the mechanicals lol so overpowered nerf plz kthxbai!!!!

Comment

Hehe, an update:

1.15 patch is upcoming, and Blizzard are still insisting this goblin hero will be added. There is a precedent since a previous April fool's joke was (some time later, admittedly) added as a neutral hero in TFT. They have also fleshed out the characters stats and hero abilities.

People are posting skill allocations for each level already. Perhaps Blizzard went for the delayed fool, expecting people to call it a joke just for it to actually be included despite the fact it sounds like a joke.

Equally possible is that it's a double-barrelled fool with the second barrel relying on the fact that a previous hero was added after an April fool's joke.

Either way it's pretty funny.

Comment

The Secret Cow Level in Diablo 2 is another example of an April Fool's Joke that actually did make it into the game.
                            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Hehe this is the final(ish) patch though, and adding a new hero at a strange idea because of balance. I'm hoping it's all one big fool, because that would be quite funny. People are making GT strats already.

Comment

Working...
                              X