Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh No! Not another Baldur's Gate thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It only locates them though, doesn't disarm them.

With a level 4-5 dualling of Imoen though, you get the thief skills back about the same time they are needed. At level 6... well, unless you have a back-up thief, the traps come heavier later in the game...

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• I'm going to need Coran then.
      Given the exp that I'll get off bandit-hunting, then would you advise that I duel Imoen asap, so that she gets a proper start in amassing all the exp required to get her thief skills back? Are there any traps in the forests where the bandits live? I have a funny feeling that there won't be, but though I'd better check before doing something rash and possibly irreversible.

Comment

• A question for those who installed tutu mod:
        I decided to try it, so I installed it yesterday.
        First impression: it's great. BG1 doesn't look like a prehistoric game anymore and is funny to play.
        BUT.
        My (new) character slayed so many random monsters between Kandelkeep and FriendlyArms that, having now finished the small quests in FriendlyArms, he is now level 3 !!!!
        Xvarts came in bands of 12, forgot-the-name 8, kobolds 4-6 and I even met a pack of 3 wolves !!!
        That's hard for a 1st level lonely adventurer.
        Will it be like that all the way?

EDIT: ok, it's Candlekeep (with a C) and the monsters I meant were the Gibberlings.
        Last edited by Dry; May 5, 2004, 09:43.
        The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Sounds like you're soloing it! What type of PC have you got?

*duke looks into his Bag of Holding and produces the fabled Horn of Summoning. Putting it to his lips, he blows a piercing note, and the party sits around to await the arrival of the summoned Jamski.

Jam, would you like the honour of starting a new thread devoted to the wonders of Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate II and all the little BGs?
          I would be interested in hearing everyone's favourite parties. I'll allow you to choose a party for good alignment, and one for evil, and any others that you liked. Er, you can do this for BGII as well.

Comment

• Is this thread full already?

Nah... someone else can start a new one, I need to plan my ultimate BG party

-Jam
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

• A question for those who installed tutu mod:
              I decided to try it, so I installed it yesterday.
              First impression: it's great. BG1 doesn't look like a prehistoric game anymore and is funny to play.
              BUT.
              My (new) character slayed so many random monsters between Kandelkeep and FriendlyArms that, having now finished the small quests in FriendlyArms, he is now level 3 !!!!
              Xvarts came in bands of 12, forgot-the-name 8, kobolds 4-6 and I even met a pack of 3 wolves !!!
              That's hard for a 1st level lonely adventurer.
              Will it be like that all the way?
              Oh, and not only do you always get the hardest random spawns in TuTu, but you also get EXP for unlocking stuff, like in BG2.

Sorry about that.

The best idea is not to do ALL the side quests, and to take a full party.

-Jam

Comment

• Originally posted by duke o' york
                Sounds like you're soloing it! What type of PC have you got?
                Soloing was not exactly my plan.
                My Bg1 strat was: try to reach level 3 solo, and then form the group.
                I have started with a fighter ... a smart fighter ... INT 18.
                The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Jamski, we need a new thread!

So I can wax less than lyrical about the hour or so I squeezed in last night (much to the displeasure of a local duchess). I found a great way to make lots of cash. If you rest in Larwood then you'll be ambushed by bandits in the middle of the night. Scalp 'em! Unfortunately, I'm about 92 days into the game so shouldn't really faff about with lengthy rests but I like lots of gold, and I'll be able to buy Jaheira the poison dagger when I go back to Beregost.

Comment

• Ok, continue here.

Rah, if you would be so kind to make the toast...

/me fetches the butter and jam *

-Jam

Comment

• Originally posted by duke o' york
                      I'm going to need Coran then.
                      Given the exp that I'll get off bandit-hunting, then would you advise that I duel Imoen asap, so that she gets a proper start in amassing all the exp required to get her thief skills back? Are there any traps in the forests where the bandits live? I have a funny feeling that there won't be, but though I'd better check before doing something rash and possibly irreversible.
                      yep, dual her asap, or not at all.

I probably should have dualled her at level 1 or 2 and used someone else as my thief. I prefer fighter/thieves. This is for my good party. In my evil party I am using Montaron (hafling fighter/thief). She can make a pretty good mage.

Although I don't think dynaheir is that bad. Why get rid of her? With the ring of wizadry (good luck finding that ), she has a ton of spells like magic missile.

Although I like Edwin a lot in my evil party.

Normally I wouldn't recommend dualling Imoen at that high a level, but if you get someone else for your thief, then that's okay. You can pretty much treat Imoen as a mage (don't count on using her as a thief anymore). Although I'm still not sure it's worth ditching dynaheir for her though (I'd have to look at their stats).

Comment

Working...
                      X