Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh No! Not another Baldur's Gate thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I prefer Chunky Kibbles personally. Mmmmmm.... bitesized
    Smile
    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

• anyone know how to kill mustard jellies? or are they called mustard oozes.

well either way I can't kill them. I killed the wizard who was creating them, but I can't remember how to kill the jellies. I don't have fireball yet. And burning hands does not work either. those things are tough.

Comment

• Magic blunt weapons.

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• thanks. I noticed one weapon was hitting, but I couldn't tell who. I suppose I have to turn on attack rolls to figure out who is doing what damage. I can't tell who is doing the most damage. So it must have been my mace +1.

I'm going to need more weapons.

Comment

• does anyone know if that smithy in Beregost will make more than 1 set of Ankheg armour? I would like to get another set if I could. If not, i'll have to buy full plate male. But I don't even get the option of selling the ankheg shell either, I'd like to do something with it.

Right now I'm in an area east of the temple. I think I'll stop for the day. Those lesser basilisks are kicking my ass. I can't remember how I took them out before. I need a better strategy.

P.S. I finally did get those oozes. I had to wait until I got another blunt weapons. with my +2 hammer and +1 mace, I gave to both of my fighters, and then I smashed those ozzes into the dirt. They still inflicted a lot of damage though, and poisoned me.

Comment

• Yeah, I had trouble killing the two jellies too, and evenutally just ran for it. The jellies you get in dungeons don't seem to fire goo at you, but those two the wizard created did. I then forgot to go back and pick up the stuff that he "left behind". Well, it's not as if he could take it with him where he was going.
              I didn't play at all last weekend because I had the in-laws around, and it seems as though I'll be making even slower progress than before, at least until the middle of June. Afterwards.....
              Hmmm.... Spikey'll beat me to the ToB at this atrocious rate.

Comment

• Nah, I've not even started the first game yet, and although I do intend to do so in the future, it's not on my list for a while.

Comment

• Right now I'm in an area east of the temple. I think I'll stop for the day. Those lesser basilisks are kicking my ass. I can't remember how I took them out before. I need a better strategy.
                  May I suggest the second level mage spell "Protection from Petrification" avaliable from Thalatyr in the High Hedge.

-Jam
                  1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                  That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                  Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

• It's a doozy!

It also protects you for something like 8 hours, so you can wander around to your heart's content, and collect all of the really nice stuff. Not to mention the really nice exp for killing the basilisks!

Comment

• yeah I just noticed I had that spell

Also there is a cleric spell. Does it remove petrification? I think it says paralysis, but isn't that the same thing?

Comment

• No. Petrifcation is being turned to stone only,

-Jam

Comment

• ...and being turned to stone doesn't count as paralysis.

Comment

• That's just a side effect
                            Smile
                            For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                            But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

• okay so what causes paralysis then?

I don't recall any creature having that effect on my party. Or trap.

Comment

• Ghouls, for starters.
                                Carrion Crawlers too.

-Jam

Comment

Working...
                                X